Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday (Read 38 times)

LRB

I got back at it this morning and ran 7.5 miles.

I think Imma go with pasta and pesto tonight and lots of bread.

Cyberic

Cautiously tested the leg yesterday with intervals in which I slightly held back. Went fine. I'm gonna resume what I was doing before I acted like a kid... at 47.

Run commute today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We have what... 2 days left of November? I'm currently at 119 miles, that is like 19-20 miles more than last month and I'm wonder if I should just take it easy or if one more run or two more 5 milers would hurt...... I need help making this decision damn it!

As far as today... I think it's going to be a rest day, first one since last Thursday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

Good morning!

Congrats to LawyerMom, Baboon and Dockett and anyone else I missed for your awesome races over the holiday!  I have a lot of dailies to catch up on, I didn't have much time online while travelling.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4.5 miles last night at medium effort (2.5 with my group, 2 on my own running home).  The group ran to the Kriskindlmarket for hot cider and I picked up a new Christmas ornament.

3 this morning run commute at easy pace, I hope to get another easy 3-4 on the way home tonight.

I've still been taking it pretty easy on the hip. Last night's miles were the fastest I've run in over a month and it felt pretty good, but my hip was aching a little bit this morning.  BUT it was a vast improvement, so I'll take it.  I had been sitting at 90% for a few weeks and then started noticing more improvement over the weekend, so I hope I'm only a week or two away from feeling normal again.  I always forget how long it takes to actually recover from an injury.  The initial recovery seems to go fast and then just stagnate a while before seeing more improvement.

10 miles in less rain than expected.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Court all day for me. Pilates and weights tonight.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Slept in because my knee is too useless to do anything, and I'm too old to fight that kind of shit anymore.  Instead I depressed myself by looking back in my log to 2015 when this happened to my other knee to see how long it took to get better.  (Answer: it never really did, it still bothers me sometimes, but it's not quite as debilitating.  That took weeks to stop, so I think it's now time to burrow underground.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

zzyzx

Lat, pec fly, standing calf

Exercise bike level 13 hill setting 11.59 in 30 m which is my best in months.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had to drop Bugsy again at the vet because he threw off twice today.  Cats do that all the time but since he's so skeletal (we saved him from starving to death), I wanted to be careful.  He is still there now.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Docket - That's terrible news about Bugsy.   Hope he'll be ok.

bluerun - I tend to get injured during the winter (ITB mostly) so I'll go into hibernation.  Sucks to be fat and out of shape by spring, but it's nice to see improvement once you get back out there.  Regardless, hope you get it sorted out.  Sucks.

KCRuns - Great news you're feeling good and seeing improvement.  I know what you mean by being stuck at 90%.  My hamstring has been there for over a year now.  I've given up on 100% anymore.

FreeSoul - I'll make the decision easy for you.  Get your butt out there and run!

I'll do 7 or 8 tonight.  Race week is weird.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

I got back at it this morning and ran 7.5 miles.

I think Imma go with pasta and pesto tonight and lots of bread.

This is what I had for lunch on Sunday, and it was everything I hoped it would be.  Enjoy.  Also, thanks for the lactate flood description, OMG that is exactly what I experienced.  I didn't know that's what it was, but it was exactly the feeling I get in nightmares where I can't run for some reason.  Like I'm in sand and nothing will work and everything hurts so much.  And I know what it says about me, I'm cray.  But I've accepted that fact.  At least it's not meth.

It sounds like I'm in good company with the need for solitude before these things.  I'm an only child.  Now I have all these people I live with and have to share shit with, and they never stop talking and asking for things and rambling on and on.  I get up at the ass crack of dawn to get my coffee on and run so I can be alone.  I get to be by myself for 2 whole hours every morning.  Races are usually early enough that I'm leaving the house before anyone's up, so I get to do my alone routine.  This shit started at 8:30, so people were up.  Next time (if there is a next time) I'm getting out of the house at 5:20 and going to Starbucks or something so I don't have to do people.

KC, glad it's doing better!  Fingers crossed you're over the hump and it will just keep improving.  Also, thanks!

Blue, that sucks.  Sorry.

Docket, you are such a good person. Hope Bugs is ok.

Bert, ain't it the truth.  Race week is the worst!

Cyber, never give up, never surrender.  You're still a kid, and that story was worth it.

Free, I had the same discussion with myself this morning, I skipped RD last week, so took this morning off.  Then realized it's the end of the month, and hmmm, maybe I should do something.

Dave, I actually ran in the rain yesterday!  But it was 60, not 40, so I'm sure a very different experience.

Leaving work early to take my mom (dear g-d, she's been here since last Tuesday, this is too long for a houseguest) to lunch.  I've convinced her to hit my favorite Mexican restaurant in the world, so right now all I can think about is food.

Dave, I actually ran in the rain yesterday!  But it was 60, not 40, so I'm sure a very different experience.

Running in the rain at 60 is refreshing. At 40 & below, it can get bone-chilling.

I've had pasta the last two nights for dinner, and therefore leftovers the following two days for lunch. Good thing I burn most of that shit off.

My wife asks me what I think about during all that time running, since I am always solo and I don't run with music. I tell her that 75% of that time, I'm thinking about pancakes.

Dave

Running in the rain at 60 is refreshing. At 40 & below, it can get bone-chilling.

I've had pasta the last two nights for dinner, and therefore leftovers the following two days for lunch. Good thing I burn most of that shit off.

My wife asks me what I think about during all that time running, since I am always solo and I don't run with music. I tell her that 75% of that time, I'm thinking about pancakes.

Annnnnd, I just lost my coffee.

You'll approve of my morning.  I purchased 4 bottles of wine before 8:30 a.m.  Getting wine when you're stressed out is like going grocery shopping when you're hungry.  You end up with all the things.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, alright alright. I will take the little one out for a run this afternoon, we've currently got beautiful weather this week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

oldfartrunner

Got err done!

3.5 up, 3X1mi. @ 5K, 400JR (2:30), 400JR DN= 7+. Wanted to get 8 at least (I like 10-12 with TH/Half work) but the dentist was calling my name. Got 5 more tonight... Went 6:24,23,24!  Helps knowing where the 440 marks are to get even splits like that.  So figure I'll run the 5K on Dec 9th, and try and go sub-20!

Blue: That sucks. Sad Hang in there!

CY: Funny!  Do we ever learn grow up? 

Berto: Have a good taper week!

ZZ: Nice work.

Dave: Sounds like you are back in the saddle.

LM: I PM you back. Smile

LRB: Nice work. Smile