Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (on the track again) (Read 22 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, I wish we just had 3 cars. We (DH) currently have 7 plus a motorcyle. 5 cars that actually get driven and 2 with a combined age of over 100 years that sit in the garage.  I have my Subaru, that's all I drive. DH was working from home pre-pandemic except for his company's very short lived mandate that effective March 1, 2020, you had to come into the office at least 3 days. Supposedly, the Toyota pick up is going to get sold as soon as we finish cleaning out MIL's house. The insurance agent has laughed at us....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is quite a bit of a drive to meet the running group.

My husband has to alternate between our cars every month to keep the mileage for both the same (they were leased at the same time). Since I haven't gone to the office but three times in 1+ years I hardly ever use my car anymore. Plus they are hybrids so we don't fill the tank but every two weeks (on the car he is using for work).

Our next lease is going to be a Tesla hopefully. Traffic here is mostly non-existent so no need to worry about driving to Orlando in one sitting.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DavePNW, I wish we just had 3 cars. We (DH) currently have 7 plus a motorcyle. 5 cars that actually get driven and 2 with a combined age of over 100 years that sit in the garage.  I have my Subaru, that's all I drive. DH was working from home pre-pandemic except for his company's very short lived mandate that effective March 1, 2020, you had to come into the office at least 3 days. Supposedly, the Toyota pick up is going to get sold as soon as we finish cleaning out MIL's house. The insurance agent has laughed at us....

Holy shit. You would fill my whole street with just those...

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon can tell us about what his horrendous commute used to be, pre-pandemic at his old job.

The distance and time sucked (round trip 70 miles/90 minutes), but it was mostly traffic and stress-free, so I did not mind it too much...except in snow.  Certainly though the walk down to the basement now is a much better commute.  I was putting 25,000 miles per year on my car and filling the gas tank twice a week, so the lack of car mileage and gas has been one "benefit" of the pandemic for me.  I understand and appreciate a lot of people being upset with gas prices these days, but for me personally, filling my tank once a month now instead of 8-10 times a month, I really don't care what the price of gas is right now.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Virtual Boston registration is open, for everyone...no qualifier needed.  WHO SIGNED UP?  I gotta say, the solo marathon time trial was a one-and-done for me.  The more I look back on it, the more it sucked (running it, not my actual time).

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Holy shit. You would fill my whole street with just those...

Luckily we have a fairly big driveway and live on a corner. We could fit a lot of cars on the side of the house. I just want the one sold so I can get my garage space back.

Baboon, I stopped looking at gas prices closely when I got my current car. I went from filling up weekly with premium to every 2 weeks with regular, at least when I was commuting.

DavePNW

I really don't care what the price of gas is right now.

I run by gas stations every day, but if I tried to guess the current price I could be 75 cents off.

Dave

DavePNW

That is quite a bit of a drive to meet the running group.

It is. But worth it for me.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Luckily we have a fairly big driveway and live on a corner. We could fit a lot of cars on the side of the house. I just want the one sold so I can get my garage space back.

How do 2 people use 7 cars 

Half Crazy K 2.0

How do 2 people use 7 cars 

With a calendar to make sure none sit.

1 car is mine. It's our practical car.

2 cars are solely in the garage. They need a lot of work. One technically belongs to his mom. We had a lot of problems with a restoration place in PA, so we had them tow it to our house because it needed to be out of hers. Once it gets brakes and engine work, it will hopefully be sold and I can have my garage space back. The one that belongs to his mom is 70 years old and DH's is 50.

DH has 4 that he drives on a regular basis. 2 pick up trucks, a Jeep Wrangler and a sports car. The plan over 2 years ago was that when he got a pick up truck from his parents, he was going to sell his Toyota pick up. It never got sold. The dealer that kept begging to buy it gave us a really low ball offer, especially since it has low mileage. It's actually come in handy to have both trucks with moving all the stuff from his mom's. The Jeep is 25+ years old, it still runs, so he uses it for short trips to the store. The sports car is one he really wanted and totally fits to mid-life crisis car image.

bluerun

Super B****

Virtual Boston registration is open, for everyone...no qualifier needed.  WHO SIGNED UP?  I gotta say, the solo marathon time trial was a one-and-done for me.  The more I look back on it, the more it sucked (running it, not my actual time).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 15 with 3x3mi at MP, HMP, 10K with one minute recovery and three minutes between sets. Except I have no raw speed so the fastest I got was around HMP.

And then, as any brilliant person would do, I spent 75 minutes climbing. I was SHOCKED how difficult it felt. Shocked, I tell you.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

With a calendar to make sure none sit.

1 car is mine. It's our practical car.

2 cars are solely in the garage. They need a lot of work. One technically belongs to his mom. We had a lot of problems with a restoration place in PA, so we had them tow it to our house because it needed to be out of hers. Once it gets brakes and engine work, it will hopefully be sold and I can have my garage space back. The one that belongs to his mom is 70 years old and DH's is 50.

DH has 4 that he drives on a regular basis. 2 pick up trucks, a Jeep Wrangler and a sports car. The plan over 2 years ago was that when he got a pick up truck from his parents, he was going to sell his Toyota pick up. It never got sold. The dealer that kept begging to buy it gave us a really low ball offer, especially since it has low mileage. It's actually come in handy to have both trucks with moving all the stuff from his mom's. The Jeep is 25+ years old, it still runs, so he uses it for short trips to the store. The sports car is one he really wanted and totally fits to mid-life crisis car image.

Have you guys ever heard of Carvana and Carmax? LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 15 with 3x3mi at MP, HMP, 10K with one minute recovery and three minutes between sets. Except I have no raw speed so the fastest I got was around HMP.

And then, as any brilliant person would do, I spent 75 minutes climbing. I was SHOCKED how difficult it felt. Shocked, I tell you.

I would be too, lol.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Have you guys ever heard of Carvana and Carmax? LOL.

CarMax is close by. Their quote for the Toyota wasn't great. With the Jeep & old pick up, no where is really going to want them since they are both 20+ years old. They run, so they are fine for short trips.

Hopefully we'll sell MIL's car with Caravana unless BIL is willing to take it to CArmax in PA.