Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are out the door (Read 47 times)

LRB

Oops, I might have misunderstood your post.  

Don't worry, I have that effect on everyone. lol

LRB

Cyberic

Good luck with the shoes Cy, the off season is the perfect time for those sorts of things. What are running for quality this weekend?

I developed a liking for Adidas, but damn, they're expensive. Trying out different brands to see if I can develop a liking to something a little less pricey. I'm sure cjones approves of this 

Lately my weekends have been

- One of the days I go up and down a small mountain.

- The other day I either run all easy, or throw some MP miles in.

With both runs in 9-12 miles range.

An approx 11 miles run from my house and back on the mountain looks like this, and is on a dirt road going up and down the mountain, not trails, so not too bad

Cyberic

2 weeks from tomorrow.

How come it says 20 days in your log countdown to m-day then?

DavePNW

So what did you settle on for a quality run tomorrow D Pizzle Nizzle Wizzle?

I'm thinking along the lines of the same 3x2mi I did last Saturday, but try to do it better this time. BTW, the easy 12 mile MLR I did last Sunday truly sucked. I can usually do that in my sleep. But new for me to do anything of quality on Saturday. So maybe I know why you hate Sunday LR's so much. Or maybe I just a bad day

Dave

LRB

How come it says 20 days in your log countdown to m-day then?

It doesn't. 

LRB

I'm thinking along the lines of the same 3x2mi I did last Saturday, but try to do it better this time. BTW, the easy 12 mile MLR I did last Sunday truly sucked. I can usually do that in my sleep. But new for me to do anything of quality on Saturday. So maybe I know why you hate Sunday LR's so much. Or maybe I just a bad day

Yeah ideally I would run speed on Friday and long Sunday, but Saturdays at the track is all sorts of awesome for me. I love everything about it!

Good plan repeating that. It should suck less and come a bit easier.

From the Internet.

Yo Dailies.

Impromptu rest day today - woke up and my legs said no thanks. I ran all 7 days last week so they deserve a little time off.

I wore a headlamp for the first time yesterday and kinda hated it - it's super cheap and way too cumbersome for running. I thought about just dealing with it, but the thought of having to wear that thing *every single weekday run* from now until spring convinced me otherwise. I'm out for at least 30 minutes and sometimes an hour or more before the sun even starts to come up and running in the dark is getting tiresome. New running-friendly model is on the way from Amazon (what would I do without you, Amazon??).

Oof and my car is at the dealer getting an overdue $$$ service D: I don't know how much it's going to be but it's not going to be pretty - all the fluids and filters get changed. At least my rental is a 2015 Outback with all kinds of fancy technology! Paddle shifters are fun, not having a clutch is really strange, I didn't even attempt to fiddle with the touchscreen radio/music situation.

onemile

Cyberic

It doesn't. 

Hahahahahahaha! I saw the longest streak!

I'm not very attentive, it seems, but some women like that. Or not.

MTA: Onemile and LRB have the same longest streak of 20 days...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB, my next 5k is next Friday night. A trail race, I don't care for 5ks but that is the only distance they had. I'd much rather run a 10k or 15k, nothing shorter... but I'll take what I can get right now. I've got another trail 5k on November 7.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

MTA: Onemile and LRB have the same longest streak of 20 days...

She has more miles for her streak though. I'm playing second fiddle FFS.

DavePNW

Yeah ideally I would run speed on Friday and long Sunday, but Saturdays at the track is all sorts of awesome for me. I love everything about it!

Good plan repeating that. It should suck less and come a bit easier.

Fortunately I don't care too much about having a true LR right now. But maybe I'll migrate back to my normal Tues-Thurs SOS schedule. Anyway, I suppose the 2x3 was so hard because I am used to that being at GMP-10, and I was targeting GHMP, which is about 15 sec faster. That'd do it.

Dave

B-Plus

Cy - I was wondering about all those shoe brands you've been trying. I looked at the Adidas Adios in store and am tempted to try it, but I'm afraid I will end up liking it. Don't wanna be paying that much for racers.

6 later

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Anyone in the Dailies have any experience with the Garmin Swim?  I'm looking for something to count laps in the pool (other than my ever-aging brain).  I'm not a triathlete so I don't want or need (ok need) the big fancy triathlete watch just to count my laps. I'm afraid if I bought the big fancy triathlete watch, the next thing I'd buy is a bike that costs more than my car.  So anyone use the Garmin Swim?

Does the job.

2 things to make sure it works:

1. Don't use auto pause.  If you pause, hit the button manually.  It will still count rest time in a new lap

2. Get a good deliberate kick off the wall so it knows you've turned around (whether you flip turn or not it'll count the right laps if your movements are clear).

DCR

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/06/garmin-swim-watch-in-depth-review.html