Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are out the door (Read 47 times)

LRB

Fortunately I don't care too much about having a true LR right now.

Right. That is the period when mine drops to 8 - 10 miles. It's wonderful.

You've been using the Hansons type schedule for over a year now, it works well for you. Might as well make it apart of your core training.

DavePNW

Right. That is the period when mine drops to 8 - 10 miles. It's wonderful.

You've been using the Hansons type schedule for over a year now, it works well for you. Might as well make it apart of your core training.

Ha. Well I'm not so sure about that, but there's a comfort factor there anyway.

Dave

LRB

Ha. Well I'm not so sure about that...

Shake your head, your training is top shelf. The marathon is basically a rubik's cube, we're just trying to match up colors.

NEWS FLASH:

It's not easy.

FFS.

onemile

Ha. Well I'm not so sure about that, but there's a comfort factor there anyway.

I am of the opinion it is best to step outside of your comfort zone.

Anyway, after the 2nd time with Hansons, I got sick to death of the same boring workouts.

DavePNW

Shake your head, your training is top shelf. The marathon is basically a rubik's cube, we're just trying to match up colors.

NEWS FLASH:

It's not easy.

FFS.

Too bad you can't just peel off the stickers.

Dave

DavePNW

I am of the opinion it is best to step outside of your comfort zone.

Anyway, after the 2nd time with Hansons, I got sick to death of the same boring workouts.

I imagine that's a good idea. I sort of thought I'd want to do this after this most recent cycle (my second time), especially if it didn't achieve the goal. Which of course it didn't, but I'm not going to try to blame that on Hansons. But I don't really feel like I'm sick of the workouts, and I'm sort of too lazy to try to figure out something new.

Dave

LRB

Too bad you can't just peel off the stickers.

lol

Not only did I not solve it, I never came close!

DavePNW

lol

Not only did I not solve it, I never came close!

I've had much better success at the Ribik's cube than the marathon. When I was a kid, I learned how to solve it from a book. I got to where I could do it consistently in about 2 minutes. The ability did not stick with me; if I pick one up now I can do one side, and that's it.

Dave

Ric-G

The marathon is basically a rubik's cube, we're just trying to match up colors.

NEWS FLASH:

It's not easy.

FFS.

very true!

5 miles later. not looking forward to it but whatever. that hurricane hitting Puerto Vallarta looks like one nasty s.o.b.

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

Cy - I was wondering about all those shoe brands you've been trying. I looked at the Adidas Adios in store and am tempted to try it, but I'm afraid I will end up liking it. Don't wanna be paying that much for racers.

6 later

I bought the Adios 2 I have (the pre-boost model) on sale. I'm always on the lookout for another pair, either the Adios or the Boston model, but never see them for cheap.

The 'cheap' pair of Adidas I bought, with the stitches in the upper, are pretty nice. Again, I like the sole of the Adidas shoes (Adiprene foam). Those are still not Boost though. I tried on a pair of heavy trainers with Boost, and did not like them: much too soft. I'm thinking a thinner layer, as in the Adios, must be just right.

The two newer pairs I just bought (Saucony and Nike) were on sale: I paid about the price of a new pair for the 3 last pairs I bought, these two and the Adidas from last week. If I like two of the three pairs, I'm still making a deal.

MTA: I have a pair of NB 1400v2s in the box. I'll try them. Hopefully I can replace the Adios with the NBs as racers. Much cheaper.

Baboon

delicate flower

I swam.  31 minutes of practicing my kicking and breathing.  I hadn't been using my legs when I swim, per swim coach.  That was frikkin tiring.  Felt like I was just starting swimming again.

<3

LRB

that hurricane hitting Puerto Vallarta looks like one nasty s.o.b.

B-Plus

LRB

Here is something you don't see every day, three sumo wrestlers running a 40 yard dash.

It's the second video down.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have lived through two category 5 hurricanes and they are nothing to sneeze at.  Ugh.  Poor people.

Damaris