Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

The plan is for a set of VO2 max intervals if conditions allow, which will become a modified progressive run if conditions do not allow it, which will become an easy run if conditions do not allow that...

When life deals you lemons, you throw your middle finger up and make lemonade!

7 easy done which were a bit of a chore.  Lots of snow and wind over a slippery surface but there were tons of other fuckin idiots runners out there and hundreds more arriving for Freeze your Franny 5k,which was beginning as I was leaving.

All in all, it was not all that bad as extreme conditions go.  It would have been nice to get my intervals in but that will have to wait until another day.  I can live with that.

LRB

Time to get warm, brrr!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Volunteered at a HM this morning. 5 hours outside in "feels like" -4. Had a blast though! Now off to the LRS to get fitted for new running shoes!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Beth, stop tempting me!

Tom, it's amazing how dependent we are on electricity. I've never been without power for more than 8-10 hours. But I am one of the rare ones around here. Thank God for people like you who think of plans in case of emergency. Sorry it was a hard week at work, but it sounds like it was a very productive time. And sleep is a runner's friend, there is no doubt about it. I've become an expert at it.  I'm glad you got to enjoy some as well.

Zelanie, happy sweet 16 to the little miss! Wasn't it you who posted the picture of an awesome cake a while ago? What kind of cake did you make this time?

9 recovery miles done. 8:56 pace. Now a bath.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

All Right!

1.8 miles of.....

...... walking in the books. Felt good, hills and all. A bit chilly with some biting wind, but I'm ready for a run tomorrow, I reckon.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Beth, stop tempting me!

You know you want to!!!!!!!!!!

Zel, happy birthday to your girl!! And congrats on the placement in Costa Rica, exciting stuff!

In other news we added a new piece of equipment to our home gym last weekend. I have a bike trainer and

hubby was going to get one as well but it made more sense to buy a spin bike which could be used by

anyone. I am loving it. Sure easier on the ass and back than the road bike Smile

We now have a bike trainer, spin bike, treadmill, weight machine, hand weights, exercise balls, bands etc all

with a TV to watch while working out. I need to advertise and charge admission Smile

LRB

..but I'm ready for a run tomorrow, I reckon.

I second that motion!

Nice gym Beth!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Easy 5.4 miles @ 7:44/mile average done.  Really looking forward to my long run tomorrow, it's been a while since I've been able to get a good long run in.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DavePNW

Running today just makes you a complete fucking idiot. 

<------- Complete fucking idiot

It was pretty brutal out there. But like seemingly every weekend, I have to make a decision on which day will be better weather-wise for a long run, since I am still not ready to do one of those on the treadmill. And sadly, tomorrow is going to be worse. So I figured I would get out there and see what I could manage. It was actually not too bad earlier when I was snowblowing the driveway, but by the time I was ready to go run, dropping temps, high wind & blowing snow. Made it through 16. Glad that's over.

MTA: just loaded the run & realized it pushed me over 200 for the month.

Dave

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

BOOM! It's a very comfy 74.3 degrees here in Paradise.

Hey guys. I did week 2 day 2 of my pushup program and it went great! Then I took my new Brooks Trance 12s for a little 4 miler afterwords.

Being a somewhat heavier 190lb runner I felt I needed a little more support and cushioning compared to the more minimal shoes I run in. They felt great and very plush.

Have a great weekend!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Got me some Asics Kayano 20s. I thought maybe I needed something more neutral. Turns out NO....the guy at the LRS said I reallllly need to stick to stability. He said my current shoe the Wave Inspire 9s were still a good fit but let me try some different shoes. The Kayanos were heaven for me. I had to buy them. Obviously they had to be more expensive than the Inspires. But they just feel fabulous. I took them for a spin....I couldn't resist. 2 miles OUTSIDE (first outdoor run in 7 weeks!) woo woo! I still did run/walk intervals but it felt great and the shoes felt great!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

LRB

It was pretty brutal out there. But like seemingly every weekend, I have to make a decision on which day will be better weather-wise for a long run, since I am still not ready to do one of those on the treadmill. And sadly, tomorrow is going to be worse.

I will be lucky if it is 10 degrees for my run tomorrow, but I will go ahead and suck it up and run long in that crap.

LRB

Got me some Asics Kayano 20s. I thought maybe I needed something more neutral. Turns out NO....the guy at the LRS said I reallllly need to stick to stability.

I really hope those solve your problems, they did for me.  One thing for sure, you should not need orthotics in those.

Hip Redux

Only managed 3.5 miles on the rail trail - it was still covered in snow, so it was mostly a workout to stay upright. lol

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I really hope those solve your problems, they did for me.  One thing for sure, you should not need orthotics in those.

Yeah, that is what he said too. I talked to him about orthotics and insoles and he let me try Superfeet and it was the same as others.....they really hurt, as every other one has (was really hopeful for Superfeet too! darn). It was after our orthotic/insole talk that he brought out the Kayanos. He said they are more expensive but provide better arch support without being rigid, and the rigidity is what bothers me about insoles. He was right....I felt more supported than any other shoe but they were very comfortable. And then I remembered you mentioning them in the disabled list thread.