Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Yugo18

Easy 14 miles here and a most happy Saturday to everybody.  It's pretty cold and windy (though not as bad as the last few days), but, an hour and a half in, I still got too hot and then enjoyed being looked at like I'm totally crazy in short sleeves until I finished my run.  He he!

Hip Redux

Easy 14 miles here and a most happy Saturday to everybody.  It's pretty cold and windy (though not as bad as the last few days), but, an hour and a half in, I still got too hot and then enjoyed being looked at like I'm totally crazy in short sleeves until I finished my run.  He he!

Short sleeves!  My arms haven't seen the light of day outside of a building since November. lol

Speaking of which, some guy at the airport this morning had on flip flops.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I see flip flops on a lot of people down here.  All the time.  Court? Flip flops. 

The temps during my marathon next week will be 70-81F.  I shall be slow.

Damaris

Zelanie

The temps during my marathon next week will be 70-81F.  I shall be a badass.

FYP.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FYP.

I thought that was implied. 

Damaris

Zelanie

Got DD's cookies and cream cake done!  The ganache even behaved.  I haven't ever tried to get it to drip, so I'm glad that it worked.

Hip Redux

Are you kidding me, Zel?

happylily

Got DD's cookies and cream cake done!  The ganache even behaved.  I haven't ever tried to get it to drip, so I'm glad that it worked.

Wow, I think I just died and went to heaven! You are a master baker, Zelanie!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Got DD's cookies and cream cake done! 

I love you! 

Hip Redux

I have been so damn hungry all day and now I can't get that cake out of my mind lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome cake!

Damaris

LRB

I have been so damn hungry all day and now I can't get that cake out of my mind lol

I actually have been as well.  I was supposed to go see the new Frankenstein flick and eat some yummy pizza, but that fell through.  Boo.

Will run for scenery.

Q: Is it Tuesday ?

A: No, it's Shoesday !

I went to a different LRS (not my LRS) and put the marsmallows to the test.  I wasn't really planning to buy, but instant gratification is sooooo hard to resist.

The shoes I ended up getting were Adidas Glides w/ Boost™ soles.  As I was slipping the first one on, the "pre-fit" was perfect - like that particular shoe was designed around my foot.When I got them laced up everything felt just right, more so than with other shoes.

I took 'em for a run on the sidewalk.  The forefoot padding was pretty good; the heel padding was fantastic.  And although they didn't exactly make me feel like a track star, there wasn't nearly as much "dragging a sandbag" feel as with the Hokas.

This pair of shoes seemed to be perfect in every way, so I just bought them.  TBH, I think I might buy the trail Hokas also.  A girl runner can never have too many shoes!

At the gym I burned 800 "calories" on the boring stuff,  then a bold and glorious 2.0 miles on the TM.  Yes, 2 miles in a single day! Woot, as they say.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Will run for scenery.

Oh, and gimme somma dat cake!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Mr. O has those Adidas, and he really likes them.  Hope they work out for you, jjs!