Beginners and Beyond

Speedy Saurdailies (Read 33 times)

workinprogress11

Hot chocolate?

I love hot chocolate but I'd have to go back out in the rain to get it. I'm trying blanket number 3 now.

No more marathons

I wish wanting it was enough Smile But nice job. And I was 1st AG today too which is nice.  2nd female Smile

Did you get an award? I didn't stick around for mine.

I did - $20 gift card for Fleet Feet.  New pair of socks in my future. Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, guys!  Great races!

onemile, damn close, grrr.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I did - $20 gift card for Fleet Feet.  New pair of socks in my future. Smile

Score.  I need some new socks. I figure when a hole has formed in the side of a sock, it's time to replace the pair.

<3

workinprogress11

Score.  I need some new socks. I figure when a hole has formed in the side of a sock, it's time to replace the pair.

I have holes in the toes of every single pair of my running socks. I guess it doesn't bother me so I'll wait until they fall apart in my shoe to buy new ones.

DavePNW

Wait, you think bluesky is going to give you his gift card?

I love SmartWool socks, but stopped buying them because they get a hole in the toe so quickly. Plus they're best in the winter, which I really don't have so much of anymore.

MTA: I have not yet decided which socks I'm wearing tomorrow. You'd think that kind of thing would be decided months in advance. I'm not even 100% on the shoes yet, although probably at least 75%.

Dave

Ric-G

10 miles this morning...now off to drop off snacks at one of two soccer games...yard work later too (great)...nice racing this morning folks,

blue and onem - congrats on the AG! not a bad consolation

half crazy - congrats on the positive thoughts 5k result

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I have holes in the toes of every single pair of my running socks. I guess it doesn't bother me so I'll wait until they fall apart in my shoe to buy new ones.

I stopped replacing my big toe holey socks and started pinning them together to wash instead. I have about a dozen pair that I use for easy runs, and I only toss them when the heel wears out, which is rare.

LRB

Wait, you think bluesky is going to give you his gift card?

I love SmartWool socks, but stopped buying them because they get a hole in the toe so quickly. Plus they're best in the winter, which I really don't have so much of anymore.

MTA: I have not yet decided which socks I'm wearing tomorrow. You'd think that kind of thing would be decided months in advance. I'm not even 100% on the shoes yet, although probably at least 75%.

If those are your only problems, you don't have any problems. Smile

Cyberic

Congrats to all the racers. Some AG awards, some PBs, some still not falling apart after a race. The future looks bright, peeps, I need my shades! 

DavePNW

If those are your only problems, you don't have any problems. Smile

Truth. I think I said this earlier, but the shoes & the socks will not be my limiting factor. My only problem is that marathons suck.

Dave

No more marathons

Truth. I think I said this earlier, but the shoes & the socks will not be my limiting factor. My only problem is that marathons suck.

It took me until my 63rd year to fully embrace that fact.

There is much wisdom in this youngster.

Go with the smartwool.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

Go with the smartwool.

It's gonna be Feetures, just haven't decided on more or less cushioning.

Dave

LRB

It's gonna be Feetures, just haven't decided on more or less cushioning.

It's a little late for taper madness. lol

Cyberic

I'm beat. Ran 9.something this morning with strides, then went to Costco, then came back home and unpacked Costco, helped the kids a bit with headphones they bought, then walked about 3 miles (out and back, 3 total) with the woman to a shoe store. Now I'm back home, with a fresh Samuel Adams Rebel Rider IPA in my hand, sitting in my huge ass La-Z-Boy, enjoying doing nothing.