Beginners and Beyond

Speedy Saurdailies (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

I'll give it more time to be certain, but I might not be able to work on speed like I said I would. I did strides on Wednesday's and today's runs and my groin is letting me know it's not happy.

I might be stuck doing lots of tempos and little speed, after all Sad

LRB

I'm beat. Ran 9.something this morning with strides, then went to Costco, then came back home and unpacked Costco, helped the kids a bit with headphones they bought, then walked about 3 miles (out and back, 3 total) with the woman to a shoe store. Now I'm back home, with a fresh Samuel Adams Rebel Rider IPA in my hand, sitting in my huge ass La-Z-Boy, enjoying doing nothing.

The Sam Adams Boston Lager I had in Boston was perhaps the tastiest beer I've ever drank, and that's saying A LOT. I will be trying it here the next time I see it on the tap.

DavePNW

The Sam Adams Boston Lager I had in Boston was perhaps the tastiest beer I've ever drank, and that's saying A LOT. I will be trying it here the next time I see it on the tap.

That won't be hard because it's EVERYWHERE. You've never had it before?

BTW - do you want to say a few words about your 5k? I can't believe you tried to race so soon after what you did to yourself in Boston. How did it feel?

Dave

Cyberic

The problem since I started drinking IPAs is that when a beer has no hoppy bitterness, I find it a bit tasteless. So I don't drink lagers much anymore. Glad you found a great beer.

The fact that I still have a Rebel Rider IPA from a six pack bought over a week ago, proves that I have not had such luck. It's good, but I prefer what I usually have in the fridge.

LRB

That won't be hard because it's EVERYWHERE. You've never had it before?

BTW - do you want to say a few words about your 5k? I can't believe you tried to race so soon after what you did to yourself in Boston. How did it feel?

I've had a million bottles of it but I'm not sure I've ever had it on tap, I'm more of an IPA guy when at the bar.

lol - I've actually recovered well from the worst run of my life, so today's effort was essentially a toe in the water. I'll be looking to go ankle deep next but am a long way from going all in. Big grin

LRB

The problem since I started drinking IPAs is that when a beer has no hoppy bitterness, I find it a bit tasteless. So I don't drink lagers much anymore. Glad you found a great beer.

The fact that I still have a Rebel Rider IPA from a six pack bought over a week ago, proves that I have not had such luck. It's good, but I prefer what I usually have in the fridge.

I've tried it, it was disappointing. Maybe it's better from the tap?

I would have never ordered the Boston lager but the draft choices at my hotel bar were limited. That said I was pleasantly surprised with it, and thirsty, seeing as how I drank four of them bitches. Smile

onemile

I'll give it more time to be certain, but I might not be able to work on speed like I said I would. I did strides on Wednesday's and today's runs and my groin is letting me know it's not happy.

I might be stuck doing lots of tempos and little speed, after all Sad

You're very shortly removed from marathon racing. You might fare better if you try again in a couple weeks.

onemile

Good luck tomorrow DaveP. We will be cheering for you.  What kind of tracking do they have?

LRB

Good luck tomorrow DaveP. We will be cheering for you.  What kind of tracking do they have?

Hopefully something better than the Skagit marathon he ran.

on my way to badass

Wowza- you Saturdailies are excessively speedy!

I feel like such a slouch.  I only did 4.5 miles on the track.  Oh, and I remembered to wear sunscreen ( it was high noon).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Cyberic

You're very shortly removed from marathon racing. You might fare better if you try again in a couple weeks.

Maybe. But marathon training fixes my groin. Speed work ruins it. Maybe if I dose just a correct amount of speed, and not too fast, maybe top the speed at 5K pace. I'll try a few things.

DavePNW

Thanks! No idea about tracking. I haven't actually checked, because I think I can figure out how to track myself without it. It's a bigger race than the one I did last fall, but still fairly small, maybe 500ish. Baboon could probably tell you number of finishers in past years.

MTA: I'm staying at the official race hotel, right near the finish line (they bus you to the start). It's only about 1.5 hrs from home, but a 7:00 start, and the last shuttle bus leaves at 6:00. So decided to take some stress out of my morning and maybe get some extra sleep (as if). No race morning packet pickup, expo closed at 3, but they had a table open till 5:30. I DGAF about the expo and didn't really want to get here at 3 and do nothing, so I just planned on the table. Only problem is either they ran out of shirts, or they hauled them away when the expo closed. So no shirt. That kind of pisses me off; I don't care too much about shirts in general, but marathon shirts are still kinda special. I think I should still be able to get one somehow, but IDK. I sent an email. Of course if that along with my sock decision are my biggest issues, I guess I'm in good shape.

Dave

Cyberic

I've tried it, it was disappointing. Maybe it's better from the tap?

I would have never ordered the Boston lager but the draft choices at my hotel bar were limited. That said I was pleasantly surprised with it, and thirsty, seeing as how I drank four of them bitches. Smile

Yeah, well my Rebel IPAs were de.li.cious on marathon afternoon, when I came back to the apartment.

Zelanie

Ran a short run with the dogs.  Stopped a bunch of times to throw sticks into the river for them, etc.  They had fun.

Dave- Good luck tomorrow!  Go with the more cushioned feetures socks!

workinprogress11

Good luck, Dave and DR!