Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Tuesday Computers and Bacon! (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning pens!  4.5 on the TM on tap for me.  I'll probably also do some core strengthening exercises.  I wonder if the speedy eye candy from yesterday will be there... =D  It is certainly way easier to keep going on the TM when there is someone next to me!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

February 10 is Clean Out Your Computer Day!

And this week of February is Bacon Week!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Off work today for my birthday.   Being very lazy, slept in until 7:30 a.m....eating oatmeal for breakfast....and then in an hour or so will head down to the San Antonio Riverwalk for a rare 'workday' morning run.  Sorry, 'real winter' folks, but weather here in San Antonio is beautiful today!  By the time I run - probably around 10 a.m. - the temp will be a sweet 64 degrees with lots of sunshine and no wind.  Shorts and running shirt weather, nice!   After Gail gets off work today, she will be taking me to dinner.   Just a very nice, lazy, easy-going day...nice way to spend a birthday!

Zelanie

Happy birthday, Scotty!

Sapf- Hope for the same eye candy or better. Smile

Track for me tonight, probably 6 x 800.  I didn't get a run in last night, so will have to make that up at some point.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates, 6 and maybe weights tonight.

Damaris

hog4life

Happy Birthday Scotty!

Zel, I'm trying for 8x800's this evening since I was a couch potato yesterday.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

10 mile tempo run later tonight and I will dedicate to the birthday boy, Scotty.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  There was a smidge of snow/ice out today, so I dawdled and came in to work an hour or so late.  The extra sleep was awesome!!  And just now I ordered this year's TurboTax for DH and some Rocktape for me, so that's all fun.  For me, anyway!  Clean out your Computer Day, huh?  So I shouldn't have 913 e-mails in my inbox?  

And that's the QOTD, how many e-mails in your inbox?

sapf -- hope you get your eye candy today!!

Scotty -- happy birthday!!  Your birthday plans sound AWESOME!!

Zelanie -- have a good track run!!

Docket -- Enjoy your Pilates, 6, and maybe weights!!

hog -- I will be a couch potato today.  My knee's a bit twingy from yesterday's walk, plus it's all cold.  Blech.  Enjoy your intervals!!

Jack -- have a nice dedicated tempo run!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning Penguins. Happy Birthday Scotty!

4 Done this morning group tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday, Scotty!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope, the extra sleep is always good!

Z, what is your next race and when?

Jack, nice run.

PAD, tapering yet?

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday Scotty!  Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day.

sapf - I hope you had someone to distract you while you ran.

Z - group workout?  Have fun with your intervals.

D - enjoy your six plus gym time.

Mitch - after your hard race, you earned a rest day or two.  Good luck with the 800s.

Jack - have fun with your tempo run later.

HopesMom - sounds like time to clean out the email.  Me too.  Nice having a late start, especially if it means you don't have to deal with icy roads.

PAD - good job on the double.  Have fun with your group later.

AFM:  it's still only 34 and breezy so I may wait a couple of hours to see if the sun actually comes out before heading out for 4 or 5 miles.  We've got a couple of decent days before the polar vortex returns, so I want to take advantage of them.  Looks like I'll be doing my LR on Sunday on the TM:  the high is supposed to be 15 degrees.

Brilliant

Happy Birthday Scotty!

Wow, everybody has something different going on today - hope you enjoy your treadmills, intervals, brisk outside running, tempo runs, and doubles everyone!

I ran just over 4 with my running club this morning. After we did a hilly loop, a few of us decided to sprint back up the first hill.  An 80 yo beat me, but I did beat his 76 yo wife. Smile   (my self esteem needed that this morning)

PADRunner

PAD, tapering yet?

Starting a little this week. 18 days to go.