Beginners and Beyond

Dart for the Arts 10K RR; Instant PR; Picture added at the end. (Read 85 times)

Congratulations!   That sounds amazing.  My goal is to be that speedy someday.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Your growth (and shrinking) has been phenomenal. Those are killer splits, and even though you intended to run like he'll, you were very smart in that first mile. You must be having so much fun right now! Keep up the great running. Congrats on the AG award too, and enjoy your new running buddy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Those splits look sweet for a first time 10k, you had a plan after all!

Good for you!  You have been working and running your ass off and it shows!

Great job and man that celebration meal looks pretty fantabulous. Enjoy the beer!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Awood - awesome job and congrats on setting 3PR's in one race! I KNEW you would be one of the 12, and not the 38 Wink!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You ate all of that?  After a 10K?  I wonder how much you'll need to eat after your marathon! Joking

Celebration dinner!

Damaris

Supersono99

I love that you set out to blow up and that didn't happen! Congrats on a great race.

LRB

You ate all of that?  After a 10K?  I wonder how much you'll need to eat after your marathon! Joking

I was thinking the same thing, that's like a marathon meal!  Shit, if he ever runs an ultra, his belly might explode from the post-race meal lol!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like dinner will make up for the calories you burned in the race.

robinde

Awesome race!!!  Enjoy that beer.

Zelanie

Super impressive.  Your splits are fantastic, too!  Nicely done!

Rondog65

Great race, great meal and a beer, life is good!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Mmmmm...beer

I don't know what's more impressive, your time, or your post race meal! Smile Great job buddy!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

Terrific race, but we all knew it would be.  Every race you've done has been a PR.  Glad you didn't blow up this time.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LOL...I'll give more specific responses tomorrow.  I've been drinking around a fire for the last few hours, but a couple of things jump out in the responses...lol  The meal closest to me in the picture is mine.  The steak, baked potato, and shrimp...oh and beer.  I showed some restraint when I opted for the 12 oz NY Strip over the 23 oz T-bone :-)

Gustav...that's awesome that you referenced the 12 and the 38.  I'm a little disappointed that I didn't find that limit, but completely satisfied in that I'm getting closer.  I will find it someday.  But no...I was not like the 38.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013