Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies - Go, DaveP, Go! (Read 48 times)

DavePNW

OK well nothing left for me to report I guess. Log is updated so you can see the gory details.

I went for it, but I am clearly not a BQ marathoner, otherwise I'd be one. Tough course. Middle miles were nice & shady but hilly; later miles were nice & flat but out in the open sun.

Overall I won't complain.

- 7 min PR

- 4th AG (apparently there is a plaque they will mail to me...along with my shirt)

- fade was not as bad as most of my other marathon

- I don't feel as wrecked as after most of my others (although we'll see what the next few days brings)

Anyway, it's done.

Dave

LRB

Anyway, I won.

Here, here! Cool

LRB

Clearly you've gotten faster with all those 7:50s DavePI'mnottryingtohearthat, that's huge!

Baboon

delicate flower

marathon

Nice job, Dave!  We still love you.  Nice PR and a plaque to add to the trophy room.  Keep plugging away on that finishing time...you are going to get that BQ.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave, a 7 minute PR is awesome!!!!

Mine was so hilly even my modest 5 hour goal went out the window. Up and down forever. Had fun drinking at beer stations and even shooting some hoops. This race is like a party!

Damaris

workinprogress11

Dave, a 7 minute PR is awesome!!!!

Mine was so hilly even my modest 5 hour goal went out the window. Up and down forever. Had fun drinking at beer stations and even shooting some hoops. This race is like a party!

Yep, a 7 minute PR on a hilly course is definitely a good takeaway.

D, it sounds like you had a great time even with the hills. The race sounds like a blast. I might have to put it on my schedule just to remember marathons can be fun sometimes.

GinnyinPA

Dave - congratulations on the PR.

Damaris - if you can't be fast, be fun.  I'm glad you had a good time, despite heat and hills.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DaveP, congrats in the AG placing and PR.

Docket, sounds like a fun way to pass the miles.

Cyberic

Great job Dave! 7 minutes is huge!

Ya think Pfitz helped you compared to Hansons? Or was it just the added mileage? Or was it just that you made it to the starting line in one piece?

Damaris, drinking beer AND shooting hoops.  Congrats on another successful marathon finish. What is your total now? Can I see that in your log?

MTA: Would this be your 32nd?

Hip Redux

Rumor has it someone had the poo monster hit while on the shuttle bus at a local 10K race.  The bus driver stopped, let her out, and she went behind a tree.... which apparently did not shield her much from the bus full of waiting runners.   So if you thought you had a bad day....

Great job on the PR Dave!

9.6 miles for me on trails.  Up something called "Killer Hill":

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job Dave! 7 minutes is huge!

Ya think Pfitz helped you compared to Hansons? Or was it just the added mileage? Or was it just that you made it to the starting line in one piece?

Damaris, drinking beer AND shooting hoops.  Congrats on another successful marathon finish. What is your total now? Can I see that in your log?

MTA: Would this be your 32nd?

Could be. I forgot the tally.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great PR, Dave!

DavePNW

Yes.

Impossible to know what my last two would've been if I'd been healthy. Might have been much better, in which case I haven't improved a whole lot. Or might have been exactly what they were, in which case I have. If it is the latter, I would credit Pfitz along with just accumulated mileage. If the former, then I don't know what I have to do to get better.

Dave

LRB

9.6 miles for me on trails.  Up something called "The Side of a Building":

I'll say. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 7. Weird weather, kinda misty but got humid and a little uncomfortable towards the end.

Damn Oski, that's quite a hill. Yesterday I had the genious idea to run the trail in the opposite direction from last year, which meant going up the old ski hill. Running it didn't last long.