Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins Weekend (Read 25 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"

-Unknown

PADRunner

Morning Penguins! 4 done this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  6 and weights tonight.

Nice 4, PAD.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy beginning of Oktoberfest !!!

SRD for us and ready for a LR tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Docket   

Zelanie

Happy birthday, Damaris!

Morning, PAD!

Jerry- Good luck on the LR tomorrow!

Also, in case I don't get to check in later, good luck to Mitch and SF!

No running for me today.  DD and I are heading up to Washington for the Blerch race tomorrow!  I think I'm going to run in "Scottydog style".  There will be cake, and nutella sandwiches, and grade drink, and couches, and Blerches along the way!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Saturday y'all.

3.2 walk-free, rain DRENCHED miles! Left home in the rain and it rained the entire run. I'm happy with me for getting that done.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday Damaris!  Hope you have a good run this evening.

Good luck to the racers today: Scotty, Mitch and StoneFence.

PAD - good job on getting your four done early.

Jerry - are you participating in Oktoberfest today?  Hopefully the beer carbs will fuel tomorrow's run.

Z - Have fun at tomorrow's 10k.  I take it you aren't racing it, just fun running it?

Robert - good job getting out in the rain.  I've been rained on while running, but I've never deliberately gone out in the rain to run.  I have to do it walking the dog, but running outside in the wet is still optional for me.

AFM:  it's warming up again around here.  I'm really looking forward to getting out after two days spent sitting in the car.  I'm only planning to do 4 or 5 miles, depending on how stiff I feel.

tracilynn

3 done this morning. Shins are still behaving.  May try 5 tomorrow for my LR.

THE BLERCH run sounds really fun. Will Oatmeal be there??  Take a pic with him and post it.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

I wanted to do the Blerch but it got too full too quickly.  Bleh.

Damaris

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Zel - have fun at the Blerch.  I thought about signing up for that one; I hope it's as fun as it sounds!

Damaris - Happy Birthday!  I hope you have a great day and a great year.

Robert - Nice running in the rain!  Here in SoCal we never really have to run in the rain!

Traci & PAD - nice running.

Jerry, enjoy your rest day.  Are you celebrating Oktoberfest? Wink

Ginny, have a good run.

I did a lousy 9 miles this morning.  It was just a bad run; I was with a group and nobody at my pace showed up today.  It was the super-fast people and the super-slow people.  I am a medium-slow people. Smile  So what did I do?  Went out for the first 2 miles with the super-fast people.  Burned out and felt like an idiot as I ran the next 7 miles much much slower, just trying to recover.  So dumb.

on my way to badass

Waiting to hear about Mitch's race.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Mitch and nice that Team TJ made it.

Are you ready SF?  Good Luck !!!

tracilynn

Brilliant- that's why I'm afraid of local group runs!

SF excited for you!

16 year olds homecoming dance tonight.

Enjoying a Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest and College Football. YAYESS

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

Happy birthday, D! Looking forward to race reports.

Perfect beautiful weather today: the kind where it's easily shorts temperature but the leaves are also changing. C25K W1D3 done.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys!

Woohoo, Team TJ!

Damaris