Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are coming out of hibernation (Read 37 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Friday everyone!

Today began way too early. DH had to get up at 4:30 to head to a conference in Atlanta for the day. That left all the furry ones out of sorts, so we've pretty much been up since 4:30, too. Today is a SRD for me, but I'm definitely going to get outside since it's gorgeous today.

Have a great day!

DavePNW

Well, this morning's 7.8 put my March miles, on the 21st of the month, even with or ahead of each of my monthly totals for December, January, and February. And that's with this week as a cutback - there's another 75 miles on the schedule before March is over. Makes me think there's a good chance my April marathon will be better than the January one. Wink

Nice! Your April race will have the additional benefit of not making you so dizzy from running in circles.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! I think Basya had her Marathon today?

LRB, I just checked my 10 forecast and it shows 2 50+ degree days!

Baboon, I went 13-3 and 14-2 in my two brackets. I'm sitting atop my little bracket pool. Oh SportsCenter, I appreciate thee.

Shari, stop running so many dang miles. Your miles team beat mine last week. Actually, run all you want, until you play me again! Smile

AFM, 5 Easy miles on the TM. Pushups followed. I've got a Tempo/LR scheduled for tomorrow. My plan is to wake up early and get it in. I got a call last night saying we're going to process venison tomorrow morning. So I just need to get it in before the dudes start firing up the mixer.

See ya everyone!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

85 degrees yesterday after work when I went and did my run/walk on hills...and more hills...and more hills.   Ended up with 4.2 miles under the sunny sun sun sun!    Today San Antonio is heading for 82 degrees.  I have a 5K tomorrow and race start temp will be about 66 degrees.   Oh yeah...I feel like a cat 'luxuriating' in the sun....NO MORE COLD for us for a while now...yeah!

I have the day off today...tweaked my back a bit doing something-or-other and my spinal arthritis has 'flared" somewhat.  Not too bad, but still annoying...so off to the doc today to get some Trigger Point injections and calm things down.   This is pretty 'routine' for me, so I'm not really worried, I know I will be returned to what is 'normal' for me in a very short while.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am SHOCKED that Damaris did a morning run!   Guess it  is starting to head toward SUPER hot/humidity in the Miami area.  Sorry about the allergies, congestion, etc., Damaris.  Yes, you can sleep at your desk.  Practice 'power-napping"...short little  sleeping bursts of 3- 5 minutes.     If that doesn't work, I guess go get some of that  5-hour energy stuff and chug it down.   However, if you are on BP meds, DO NOT TAKE 5-hour energy because it contains Niacin...and niacin is sometimes also used as a BP med...so could potentially do nasty things to your system if you are already on a BP med.  Thankfully, my doc made me aware of that when I was going to try some 5-hour energy once...I am so glad I called her to check on its potential interaction with any of my meds.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on not running in the cold, D2.  Enjoy that warmth and sunshine!

What did the temp end up being for your miles, Step?  20s still...in March....dang!

Congrats on your tourney success, Baboon!  I'm actually not even paying attention to the tourney...don't know who's playing, who's winning, who's losing, etc.  Can you tell I'm not a big basketball fan?  If the hometown San Antonio Spurs make the NBA playoffs, then I'll usually watch the playoff games but other than that, usually nada for basketball.

What is considered 'mild' in Canada, Lily?  Hey, look at the bright side with the kids and grass...you won't have to mow the grass.

Muddy runs can be fun, FreeSoul.  So how did Rocky look after all that mud?  Bet it was fun cleaning all his paws, claws, toes, and pads.

Nice running for you, Lauren, and glad you got some decent weather.    "I broke out the short shorts and singlet and couldn't imagine having much more clothing than that.     "OK, that's in my subconscious now, wonder what I will probably dream about tonite... 

Sorry about the insomnia DaveP.  Maybe you and Damaris can do team power-napping.   Good luck with the lunch-time run if you get it in.

Zelanie

Morning! Zoe is home and resting comfortably.  Luckily, this isn't her first surgery, so she knows the drill.  "Here's your 6 x 8 room.  This is where you live now."  It does happen to have my computer desk in it, so if I'm on the forums more, it's because I'm keeping her company. Smile  Last day of school for me before spring break, and I have 6 miles again later today.

And Shari and Andrew can BOTH stop running so many miles when they're up against my team.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am SHOCKED that Damaris did a morning run!   Guess it  is starting to head toward SUPER hot/humidity in the Miami area.  Sorry about the allergies, congestion, etc., Damaris.  Yes, you can sleep at your desk.  Practice 'power-napping"...short little  sleeping bursts of 3- 5 minutes.     If that doesn't work, I guess go get some of that  5-hour energy stuff and chug it down.   However, if you are on BP meds, DO NOT TAKE 5-hour energy because it contains Niacin...and niacin is sometimes also used as a BP med...so could potentially do nasty things to your system if you are already on a BP med.  Thankfully, my doc made me aware of that when I was going to try some 5-hour energy once...I am so glad I called her to check on its potential interaction with any of my meds.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on not running in the cold, D2.  Enjoy that warmth and sunshine!

What did the temp end up being for your miles, Step?  20s still...in March....dang!

Congrats on your tourney success, Baboon!  I'm actually not even paying attention to the tourney...don't know who's playing, who's winning, who's losing, etc.  Can you tell I'm not a big basketball fan?  If the hometown San Antonio Spurs make the NBA playoffs, then I'll usually watch the playoff games but other than that, usually nada for basketball.

What is considered 'mild' in Canada, Lily?  Hey, look at the bright side with the kids and grass...you won't have to mow the grass.

Muddy runs can be fun, FreeSoul.  So how did Rocky look after all that mud?  Bet it was fun cleaning all his paws, claws, toes, and pads.

Nice running for you, Lauren, and glad you got some decent weather.    "I broke out the short shorts and singlet and couldn't imagine having much more clothing than that.     "OK, that's in my subconscious now, wonder what I will probably dream about tonite... 

Sorry about the insomnia DaveP.  Maybe you and Damaris can do team power-napping.   Good luck with the lunch-time run if you get it in.

It is more humid in the morning.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad Zoe is home, Mel.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty - Thankfully the grassy levee cleaned most of his paws off, we finished our run on the levee that leads to the small parking lot. Otherwise he probably would have been really bad.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Thanks, D.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hobbit, who needs an alarm clock when you have cats?    Enjoy the good weather SRD!

Yeah, Andrew, I think Basya's marathon is (was) today.  I don't know what the time difference is from here and there, but she may be finished already.   I guess it is done...I found this story on it...and read that the race had over 25,000 participants...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/over-25000-runners-kick-off-jerusalem-marathon/

Good luck with your tempo/LR tomorrow.

Me, I have a 5K tomorrow, my 18th race of the year.  It is in a place called Joshua Springs Park and  Preserve, which is supposed to be VERY scenic.  I've never been there, so I shall see if that is true.   Park and Preserve:  http://www.kendallcountyparks.org/parks/joshua-springs-park-and-preserve-jspp

Yay for ZOE being home, Zelanie!    Good luck with your 6 miles today!  I am going to send you 'something' (it's a surprise) in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out for a package on your step.

OK, off to my appointment to get many needles jabbed into my back!  See y'all later.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yeah, Andrew, I think Basya's marathon is (was) today.  I don't know what the time difference is from here and there, but she may be finished already.   I guess it is done...I found this story on it...and read that the race had over 25,000 participants...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/over-25000-runners-kick-off-jerusalem-marathon/

Thanks for the link Scotty! The article said that one person needed to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion. I hope that Basya is ok. It sounds like a very challenging marathon.

- Andrew

delicate flower

Basya has completed her marathon!  That's all you'll get from me though.  The deets will have to come from her.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya has completed her marathon!  That's all you'll get from me though.  The deets will have to come from her.

I saw her post in FB and was about to update y'all, so you beat me to it.  Sounds like she did well in such a tough course.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Good morning everyone!  A three mile shake-out run on schedule today, plus some more planting and weeding in the garden.   Also have to clean the chicken coop.  My poor hens, Little Duke has now gotten big, taken charge, and is starting to run some of the hens ragged.

I can't wait to hear how Basya did today!

Zel -- so happy Zoe is home and that the surgery went well.

D-- hope you feel better soon

Scotty -- have fun at your 5K tomorrow!

Life is good.