Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are coming out of hibernation (Read 37 times)

LRB

I am!!!

I had been for most of the afternoon.

B-Plus

Well, look who's here!

Hello! Just waiting at the freaking passport office so I can visit your great nation.

happylily

Hello! Just waiting at the freaking passport office so I can visit your great nation.

No need for a passport. I hear they let any riff raff in around these parts. 

Okay, I'll be honest. I only ran 6 miles, not 15. I had this great plan of running all paces in 1600m intervals, from 10k pace, down to easy. It just seemed like a fun idea... I started with the 10k pace. Ran 800m before I started thinking there was something wrong with the TM. Surely it's not calibrated right... It's going too fast. Push the button down to HM pace. Still too fast. Push the button down again to marathon pace. Ugh... I'm too tired... Push it way way down to stupid easy. Aww.. It feels better now. But after a few miles, I had nothing left in me. So no 15 miler this week. I'm trying to figure out what happened. I did run 13 miles last night two minutes slower than my PR half. I didn't feel particularly tired this morning and I was looking forward to my run tonight. Now I feel stupid.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Now I feel stupid.

Next time start at easy pace then work your way up to 10k pace, not the other way around.  

happylily

Next time start at easy pace then work your way up to 10k pace, not the other way around.  

But I can't do that. It's simply not logical. Because obviously, the longer I run, the more tired I become. Makes sense, right? Which is why I start fast and finish slow! Did you really think that I only run my marathons like that? 

LRB

But I can't do that. It's simply not logical. Because obviously, the longer I run, the more tired I become. Makes sense, right? Which is why I start fast and finish slow! Did you really think that I only run my marathons like that? 

That's incredible!  My hips would fall off if I tried something like that!

B-Plus

6-7 miles later

Fuck it. Ran into a friend at the passport office if all places and she wanted to take me out for a drink.

Will run for scenery.

Don't worry, Lily, I DON'T FACEBOOK either.  Of course, I didn't roller skate with those new-fangled Xanadu skates, I used the steel ones you strap on over your shoes.  You know, like Melanie.

No exercise for me.  I'm in kind of a rut.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

DavePNW

Of course, I didn't roller skate with those new-fangled Xanadu skates, I used the steel ones you strap on over your shoes.  You know, like Melanie.

Some of us are old enough to get both references.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I remember Xanadu.

And we are delayed at least an hour more, sigh.

Damaris

happylily

Don't worry, Lily, I DON'T FACEBOOK either.  Of course, I didn't roller skate with those new-fangled Xanadu skates, I used the steel ones you strap on over your shoes.  You know, like Melanie.

No exercise for me.  I'm in kind of a rut.

LOL... I never saw that movie. I was a rocker, I guess. Is that what we called ourselves back then? I can't remember...

Went back on the TM after a light supper and ran 3 at 7:16 pace. So 9 for the day. I feel better now. But I probably ruined Sunday's 24 mile LR...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hope we board soon.  I am asleep on my feet.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL... I never saw that movie. I was a rocker, I guess. Is that what we called ourselves back then? I can't remember...

Went back on the TM after a light supper and ran 3 at 7:16 pace. So 9 for the day. I feel better now. But I probably ruined Sunday's 24 mile LR...

How much are you running tomorrow?  Maybe cut it a bit so you have a great 24?

Damaris

happylily

How much are you running tomorrow?  Maybe cut it a bit so you have a great 24?

I'm going to Ottawa, 5 hours on the road total. SO has a riffle, or hand gun, competition (I admit I didn't pay much attention to what he said it was). We'll be back around 4 or 5. To catch up on my missed miles this week, I need to run, hmmm... 21 miles Saturday and 24 on Sunday. That's only 5 miles more than last weekend. Maybe I can cut the extra 5? 

Have a great flight and try to nap!

DavePNW

To catch up on my missed miles this week, I need to run, hmmm... 21 miles Saturday and 24 on Sunday. 

New recipient of the Raging Lunatic Award. I don't doubt you will do it. 

Dave