Beginners and Beyond

Guess what day it is WEDNESDAY! (Read 42 times)

delicate flower

Wake up, people, omg.  I had planned on swimming before work, but I got up at 5:15 and didn't know what the hell planet I was on, so I went back to bed for two more hours.  10 hours of sleep and feeling much better today.  I've got an easy jog planned for after work.

<3

RunningOnSand

Good morning, good people of RA. I've got some intervals planned for a bit later. Still finishing my cup o'java.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 with 10K and 5K intervals tonight.  So, not only did I hit my knee with the elevator door yesterday (well, it hit me), but I also ran over something in the house and now I have a 4" scratch below the knee bruise. Anyway, I used the heating pad last night and I can barely feel the bruise, so yay me.

Damaris

LRB

I lumbered for 7.

Wonderful 8, 50 degrees, no wind or rain... deer, pileated woodpeckers and two turtles 😀

Cyberic

Good news! I got a raise!

I work in the semi-public sector, unionized, on the top step of the analyst ladder, which meant I couldn't get a raise in salary unless I made the jump to management, and I don't want that.

Turns out they made a new class of employment, architect, that has a higher pay ladder than analyst, and they switched me there automatically. So I got a raise this year, and I'll get a raise for the upcoming 3 years.

That's welcome (if  unexpected) news.

KCRuns

Nice!!  A raise is always good news!  Especially when they let you keep doing what you enjoy Smile

RunningOnSand

I work in the semi-public sector, unionized, on the top step of the analyst ladder, which meant I couldn't get a raise in salary unless I made the jump to management, and I don't want that.

Turns out they made a new class of employment, architect, that has a higher pay ladder than analyst, and they switched me there automatically. So I got a raise this year, and I'll get a raise for the upcoming 3 years.

That's awesome, Cy!

RunningOnSand

Do you guys ever do intervals in the rain?

It did just thunder, but I don't see any lightening in the forecast.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyber,  nice that you got a raise.  Are you are software or systems architect? No clue what that means, just that I always see it on email from DH (his job title).

sdWhiskers

Yes. But since I run on city streets/sidewalks, I've learned that if it's pouring and there are huge rivers at every intersection to just skip the intervals.

MTA: For me, it's also usually dark so I can't handle fast, dark AND lots of obstacles.

LRB

Run long enough and you'll end up doing everything in the rain. Yes, that too. 

Cyberic

I do.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rain yes. Thunder no. Always a chance of lightning when you hear thunder.

delicate flower

Good stuff, Cyber.  Congrats.  I'm in a similar boat, being at the very top of my pay grade.  I am going on three years now without a raise.  My boss keeps feeding me a story about getting my position regraded, but nothing has come of it and it's getting increasingly frustrating.  I do feel I am well paid, so I have not made too much of a stink about it.  Yet. 

I have.  It's just like any other workout, except I get wet.

<3