Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

onemile

Guess I'm not running tonight. Don't know all the details, but a cop was shot ony usual route this afternoon. And a suspect is on the loose. For some reason, DH doesn't think I should run.

I would probably run anyway 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I thought about it, but with a major road closure, traffic is going to be crazy. And I don't want to be that runner on the TV broadcast since every news station will be around.

Baboon

delicate flower

Congrats on the nice racing this weekend! Is it typical that you negative split your runs in tri's? Seems like it would make sense as it would take a minute for the legs to wake up. I think that's what happened to me in my one and only sprint, but it the first mile was also just slow out of fear for what kind of fatigue I might eventually encounter.

In my shorter triathlons, yes that is typical for me.  My legs need about a half mile to get going after I get off the bike.  I definitely do NOT negative split the half ironman runs.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

In my shorter triathlons, yes that is typical for me.  My legs need about a half mile to get going after I get off the bike.  I definitely do NOT negative split the half ironman runs.

Or at least not the full iron anyway

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not gonna happen. Not sure I'd be able to get back to my house, the area they are stopping all traffic keeps getting closer to my house. Just saw some cops checking the backyards behind my house.

onemile

Just saw some cops checking the backyards behind my house.

onemile

someone stopped and asked me if I wanted a ride during my run today because it was raining out lol

LRB

someone stopped and asked me if I wanted a ride during my run today because it was raining out lol

"Oh, that poor woman got caught out in the rain and now she's trying to run home"

DavePNW

lol. There are days I would take that. Not necessarily correlating to rain.

Dave

LRB

Some pics from Pitbull's show.. He killed it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  That has happened to me before and I wonder how the fuck do these men think I would even take their offer, even if I wanted to.  No matter how innocent and well meant they were, I could never go into a stranger's car.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some pics from Pitbull's show.. He killed it.

Nice!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Running outside was not an option, from what I can tell, they are still looking for the suspects(s). There's been a police helicopter overhead all evening and lots of police outside. Not sure it's reassuring or scary when you look out your front window and see state police with big ass guns on your corner.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have partial power in my house since 7pm. Estimate to resolve it is 1am and I don’t think that’ll happen. I have no kitchen and no AC but I have cable and internet so we are all set! 😂

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have partial power in my house since 7pm. Estimate to resolve it is 1am and I don’t think that’ll happen. I have no kitchen and no AC but I have cable and internet so we are all set! 😂

How do you still have cable? Do you have a battery back up for it?