Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Keeping it real since 2012 (Read 40 times)

LRB

7.  Hill repeats. 

I have not done those in awhile ever. I do enjoy hill sprints though. Is there anything you do enjoy about running? Let me guess, when you are not? lol

It is nice when you can blow off a run, or two CJ. I am looking forward to November and December for just that reason!

Hi D. Hope the headache goes away. Have you tried not looking at her? Big grin

A group makes dark running so much easier Step. That is a great option to have.

I sometimes use coconut milk for cereal HC. the calories in it are basically inconsequential.

'Sup George. Are you still on for NC24 in a few weeks?

A 3k? That's about the pain of a mile times two right Sly?

bluerun

Super B****

I have not done those in awhile ever. I do enjoy hill sprints though. Is there anything you do enjoy about running? Let me guess, when you are not? lol

What gave you that idea?!  I love everything about it.  Well, I mean, it kinda sucks to be running up the hill, but it sucks worse not to, if you know what I mean.  (Bonus points for having a super slow cyclist [and I mean slow... slower than me on a bike] riding up the hill next to you.  Makes it feel less crappy.)

And I was supposed to do four, somehow wound up doing six, so I can't hate it THAT much. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I have 14 miles after work. It could be worse. I could be unable to run. That's what I keep telling myself...

I have before, almost wished for an injury, to have an excuse to quit.

Cyberic

What gave you that idea?!  

LRB

Yeah, right 

I was never heavy into the hippy lettuce thankfully. Sitting around stoned with the brain of a zombie just does not do it for someone who is hyper-er than a mother fucker. lol

Cyberic

I have 14 miles after work. It could be worse. I could be unable to run. That's what I keep telling myself...

Yes to that. Some days might be hard when running, but they would be worse if you could not run.

From the Internet.

Just weights this morning, partially due to time constraints and partially because I'm so damn sick of cross-training. It's getting harder and harder to force myself into the pool :/ Have 90+ minutes planned tomorrow, though. Walking on the track during my club's practice tonight.

Toe has been bugging me a little bit - I don't know if it's part of the healing process, like nerve damage being repaired (I had a big numb spot on the bottom of my toe after I broke it) or scar tissue breaking up, or if I need to back way off again. I can't elicit pain when I poke at it and I'm still walking normally without pain, it's just sore at random times during the day. At rest or moving doesn't seem to have any effect either way. Suppose I'll call my podiatrist today or tomorrow and see if I should follow up with another x-ray next week.

LRB

Toe has been bugging me a little bit - I don't know if it's part of the healing process, like nerve damage being repaired (I had a big numb spot on the bottom of my toe after I broke it) or scar tissue breaking up, or if I need to back way off again. I can't elicit pain when I poke at it and I'm still walking normally without pain, it's just sore at random times during the day. At rest or moving doesn't seem to have any effect either way. Suppose I'll call my podiatrist today or tomorrow and see if I should follow up with another x-ray next week.

It is prudent to be cautious but it is likely the mind fuck that comes with returning from a serious injury. It's horrible.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is nice when you can blow off a run, or two CJ. I am looking forward to November and December for just that reason!

Hi D. Hope the headache goes away. Have you tried not looking at her? Big grin

A group makes dark running so much easier Step. That is a great option to have.

I sometimes use coconut milk for cereal HC. the calories in it are basically inconsequential.

'Sup George. Are you still on for NC24 in a few weeks?

A 3k? That's about the pain of a mile times two right Sly?

She actually left and I suddenly feel much better.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

It is prudent to be cautious but it is likely the mind fuck that comes with returning from a serious injury. It's horrible.

chasing the impossible

From the Internet.

*sigh* I'm all too familiar with this from my shin splint days. The fact that I can't elicit pain by poking the spot that was most painful early on bodes well, I would think, but I am not a medical doctor and I've been wrong plenty of times before!

bluerun

Super B****

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!

10/18 -- register for the HM or 5K?!  (If it matters, the three preceding weeks are 10M, trail HM, HM.  And the following week is a 5K.  Yes, I am crazy.)

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

Yes, I am crazy

Nobody around here ever has crazy race thoughts.

<3

LRB

10/18 -- register for the HM or 5K?!  (If it matters, the three preceding weeks are 10M, trail HM, HM.  And the following week is a 5K.  Yes, I am crazy.)

5k. You will likely be chasing 20:30 by then. Now that's crazy!

onemile

I would choose the 5k because I would need more recovery after a longer race to be able to run them back to back weeks.