Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Keeping it real since 2012 (Read 40 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I lost track - didn't you have a 5k you were going to run?

This was it.  I hadn't registered yet... but now I have.  $2.92 FEE.  WTF?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

You know that's a faster pace than my official mile PR, right? 

Time to race a mile then. Cool

bluerun

Super B****

Time to race a mile then. Cool

Don't remind me.  I'm terrified.

chasing the impossible

onemile

In 2013 I ran a winter 5k series, made up of 6 races from October to March. Approximately one 5k per month.  It was cold, icy, snowy and miserable running conditions.  And I never failed to disappoint myself with my results.  Yet for some stupid reason, I am so tempted to sign up for it again this year. 

bluerun

Super B****

In 2013 I ran a winter 5k series, made up of 6 races from October to March. Approximately one 5k per month.  It was cold, icy, snowy and miserable running conditions.  And I never failed to disappoint myself with my results.  Yet for some stupid reason, I am so tempted to sign up for it again this year. 

DO IT.

To avenge 2013, if for no other reason!

chasing the impossible

LRB

Revenge is a dish best served cold, and faster. You are definitely that!

onemile

I'm afraid running through snow and ice in single digit temps won't help me avenge anything. Just remind me how stupid it is to try to race in that shit.

delicate flower

SIGNED UP FOR THAT IRONMAN YET?

Not yet!

<3

cjones1

It is nice when you can blow off a run, or two CJ. I am looking forward to November and December for just that reason!

Yes it is, but it's more of a postponement than anything.  Thursday is my scheduled off day, but probably at least half the time, I flip flop with Wednesday.  I'd actually love to run tonight, and sleep in again tomorrow, but you know, kids, responsibility, yada, yada, yada.  Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

This was it.  I hadn't registered yet... but now I have.  $2.92 FEE.  WTF?

My question was to onemile....

Dave

DavePNW

I thought I remembered you had one in August, but maybe I'm making that up. I'm just very interested to see what you'd do in a 5k. Apparently more interested than you are....

Dave

onemile

My question was to onemile....

Oh, oops. Yeah. After a demoralizing 8k in July I decided not to subject myself to more, so I skipped it.

onemile

I thought I remembered you had one in August, but maybe I'm making that up. I'm just very interested to see what you'd do in a 5k. Apparently more interested than you are....

I ran a 21:32 in June.  So there you go. 

LRB

I'm afraid running through snow and ice in single digit temps won't help me avenge anything. Just remind me how stupid it is to try to race in that shit.

I understand. All you can do in that case then is wait and see what that week is going to bring weather-wise, then adjust your give-a-fuck meter accordingly.

bluerun

Super B****

Oh, oops. Yeah. After a demoralizing 8k in July I decided not to subject myself to more, so I skipped it.

What was that about attitude? 

chasing the impossible