Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Keeping it real since 2012 (Read 40 times)

onemile

I have fat little legs. It's true.

LRB

I have fat little legs. It's true.

I had a fat ugly face before I started running, which was fine by me. Now all the fat is gone and I look like a crack head skeleton with a family of worms live under my facial skin.

Meanwhile, enough fat to package and sell blubber to the Eskimos is on my stomach GDI.

happylily

Well I think we all know running does not exercise the brain; running in fact causes the brain to atrophy.

I think it shakes the brain up to the point it's all bruised and damaged. Like a boxer's brain. It has to be that, because well... look at me...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I think it shakes the brain up to the point it's all bruised and damaged. Like a boxer's brain. It has to be that, because well... look at us...

happylily

I had a fat ugly face before I started running, which was fine by me. Now all the fat is gone and I look like a crack head skeleton with a family of worms live under my facial skin.

Meanwhile, enough fat to package and sell blubber to the Eskimos is on my stomach GDI.

Shut up with your ugly before and after face. You never had an ugly face. Where the hell do you get that? You have the face of an angel. Ask Dave, he'll agree with me... Ok, better not ask Dave. He said he was grumpy this morning... But ask all the ladies of the dailies. They'll tell you that I'm 100% right. 

DavePNW

I think it shakes the brain up to the point it's all bruised and damaged. Like a boxer's brain. It has to be that, because well... look at me...

Does running cause brain damage, or does brain damage cause running? Hard to say.

In any case, onemile is right - 14 miles should be closer to 1100 for you. For me, more like 1800.

Dave

happylily

Someone as small as you does not burn 2086 calories running 14 miles.

I know. I just like it when people say they've lost x because the little machine said so. I don't give a crap, truly.

happylily

What's big for a person can appear small for another. I agree.

onemile

I know. I just like it when people say they've lost x because the little machine said so. I don't give a crap, truly.

Maybe if the little machine is a scale!

onemile

What's big for a person can appear small for another. I agree.

I'll show you fat legs!

LRB

Yeah according to Garmin, I burned 36,000 calories during my last marathon. lol

happylily

I'll show you fat legs!

You'd be surprised if I really showed you mine. I'm a freak of nature, with a skinny torso and a fat lower body.

But we'll leave it at that, before someone starts asking for pictures for a comparison, and then someone else calls a moderator. 

happylily

Yeah according to Garmin, I burned 36,000 calories during my last marathon. lol

LOL...

LRB

I listed it with an opening price of 99 cents, and with a day to go, my 220 is finally over $100 in bids on ebay FFS.

DavePNW

You'd be surprised if I really showed you mine. I'm a freak of nature, with a skinny torso and a fat lower body.

But we'll leave it at that, before someone starts asking for pictures for a comparison, and then someone else calls a moderator. 

Let's just leave it at the fact that these are two women with legs strong enough to kick the asses of most of the guys here.

Dave