Beginners and Beyond

Snaggletooth FriDAILIES (Read 29 times)

LRB

Good morning!

I might need help with picking out a bike.  Dr. Ortho and his experienced medical opinion may have deserved more respect from me.  But, fuck that guy again Smile.

Have a kickass day folks!

If you're able to alternate between running and biking that would be great. It's sort of what I'm doing now with the elliptical.

LRB

I can't help you on bikes PR, as I am not a picky person when it comes to that stuff (since it isn't an activity I do very often).

LRB, I'd want no part of that elliptical either 

I wish every morning was in the 50's!! And everyday was in the 70's, the last couple of days have just been amazing weather.... I wish it didn't have to end....

That would be wonderful.

LRB

Morning. Hubby woke me up T 6am and after I yelled at him like that lady lion I posted in FB, we went back to bed until 8.  RD. Wedding cocktail tonight.

What's a wedding cocktail?

delicate flower

lol

So how does an off-road tri affect the gear you use and wear? If it does at all.

Well the swim is the swim, so nothing different about that, but the bike and run are on trails.  I'll be on a mountain bike and then trail shoes.  My mountain bike is really not good for racing.  It's heavy, slow, and has a lot of suspension.  I mean, it's a high end bike but not a race bike.  It's kind of like running a 5K in work boots.  Still, I hold my own on it.    

<3

bluerun

Super B****

lmao

To clarify; the evaluation is free. lol

Well, that makes more sense.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Well the swim is the swim, so nothing different about that, but the bike and run are on trails.  I'll be on a mountain bike and then trail shoes.  My mountain bike is really not good for racing.  It's heavy, slow, and has a lot of suspension.  I mean, it's a high end bike but not a race bike.  It's kind of like running a 5K in work boots.  Still, I hold my own on it.    

I have run 5k's that felt like that.

Today, for some unknown reason, was the most miserable run I've had in a long time. I was already tired just walking into the gym. First mile was >10 mpm, and it didn't get a whole lot better from there. The whole run felt like the first couple miles of a roll-out-of-bed run, even though I'd had my usual weekday ~1 hour + coffee. Just awful. 6 miles.

Dave

Runshortii

Yo.

I got up at 5:10 for an elliptical workout but after about 15 minutes decided I wanted no part of that nonsense so I went back to bed.

Anyway, work and then an dental implant evaluation to see if they can replace a couple of long lost chiclets. I doubt it but it's free so what the hell.

What's up?

I hate the elliptical.

as a kid two of my front baby teeth never had adult teeth above them. Nothing, nada. So I had to get implants, and of course the insurance wouldn't cover it because apparently having two front teeth is "cosmetic"

DavePNW

Also to top off my excellent run, I came within inches of getting run into by a cyclist.

Dave

delicate flower

Cavs in 7.  I think people underestimate Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What's a wedding cocktail?

No idea but since it involves alcohol, I am in. It's sort of a wedding dinner but it's very informal.

Damaris

DavePNW

Ha. What a freaking bloodbath this series is.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm gonna go ahead and take Dorian with me to the Howl at the Moon 5k tonight, we're just going to enjoy a bit of hiking and maybe some running. His damn phase of HAVING to either hold my hand or have me carry him......... it's annoying damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

Ran about 4 miles on the 5k/10k course this morning.  A little bit of rolling terrain, but coming from Western North Carolina this is flat.

Then spent the rest of the morning walking around downtown Birmingham, and visiting the Birmingham Museum of Art (nice place).

Ended up walking another 4 miles.  Will walk to dinner tonight, about another 1.5 miles round trip.

Hummm.  Am I setting up my excuse for a poor race tomorrow morning?   Nahhhh.

Temp will be in high 60's/low 70's at race time.  That will be OK.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4. They were a struggle. Hope I got all the crappy runs out of the way for my race tomorrow night.

LRB

Ran about 4 miles on the 5k/10k course this morning.  A little bit of rolling terrain, but coming from Western North Carolina this is flat.

Then spent the rest of the morning walking around downtown Birmingham, and visiting the Birmingham Museum of Art (nice place).

Ended up walking another 4 miles.  Will walk to dinner tonight, about another 1.5 miles round trip.

Hummm.  Am I setting up my excuse for a poor race tomorrow morning?   Nahhhh.

Temp will be in high 60's/low 70's at race time.  That will be OK.

Well, 4 miles of walking would feel like 8 miles of running to me so yes, you are.

Have a good time and most importantly, leave it all on the track!