Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Fat TuesDAILY (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Schedule calls for another short easy run (surprise).

Be careful on all that ice, southern Pengs !!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins and Jerry.

I'm on the plane getting ready to head home.  I haven't run in days, so I plan to get 5 miles in when I get home.

PADRunner

Morning, Jerry & Brill.

3 done this morning and group training tonight.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Penguins and Jerry.

I'm on the plane getting ready to head home.  I haven't run in days, so I plan to get 5 miles in when I get home.

safe trip and have a good 5.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight, some with hubby.

Damaris

tracilynn

hey peeps

I have some progression type run thing to do at the gym TM later.  PT appt this morning.  NO ice storm here.  shoo, it went just north of us and hit Nashville instead.  Kids on a 3 hr school delay today.  Not looking forward to the bitter cold coming tomorrow.

is it Spring yet?

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

There is water coming into my house and so I'm panicking a wee bit D: No more winter please!!

Kid is home with a sitter for the next few days so I'll be on the treadmill dealing with my stress and then trying to get some work done.

on my way to badass

Howdy Penguins!  Been busy.  I have to back a few days and catch up on all the goings on in the igloo.  While I was away I got a new car(really new-to-me), had a birthday, drank a lot of beer and got a new grand-neice for my birthday.  DS is off school this week for winter break.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

7 recovery miles with some strides later today.

GinnyinPA

Happy Fastnacht!  Pennsylvania Dutch traditional Fat Tuesday donuts are available today - they're really good - and I'm hoping DH won't remember this year.

Jerry - have fun at the track.  Stay warm.

Pad - enjoy your double

Brilliant - safe travels.  I hope you have energy enough to run when you get home.

Damaris - have a good run with DH

Traci - I'm glad the ice storm missed you.  That's scary stuff.  Good luck at the PT.

Lauren - what's causing the leak?  Ice dam?  Given all the snow you've had, if it ever warms up there will be a lot of flooding.  Either that or you'll still be looking at piles in July.

StoneFence - Happy birthday!  I wondered where you were, but thought you might have been caught up with the storms and cold.  I'm glad to hear you've been celebrating.

Jack - that's a long recovery run.  Have a good one.

AFM:  I'll do 5 or so on the TM later.  Another cold day here, with about 2 inches of fresh powder on the roads.

From the Internet.

Ginny - yup, ice dam :c Our house is insulated pretty well, the attic is freezing like it's supposed to be, and we started clearing off the edges of the roof with a roof rake once it became clear that this winter was going to be just absurd, but it was too little too late I guess.

The idea of thawing in the spring has me panicking - I don't know whether I should call someone (who?!) to survey and fix the damage now, or just wait until the ice dams recede and deal with it all then.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Woke up to pouring rain so I didn't run this morning.  Thanks to that I just may have to call it a rest day.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 on the track.  Walkers were slow learners today.

hog4life

Lauren, where are the ice dams? Can you chip them away? I wouldn't wait, it will make things worse in the end.

7.25 miles with Bella.