Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Baboon...I believe that was short shorts, singlet, and arm sleeves weather you were running in.

Pleasant...Have you ever tried the wind-panel underwear (Road runner sports - brief, North Face - boxer brief)?  I find that to be plenty of protection.  I don't judge you for the shorts over top, but wouldn't do it personally.

LRB...Hilarious that you remember that!  I'm glad you came over to the dark side.  I'm afraid to tell you about the latest running fashion that I'm actually digging, despite my better judgment.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy darn San Antonio area weather around here for the next couple of days - rain, thunderstorms, wind, lightning....and winds later tonite are supposed to gust from possibly 30 - 60 mph, jeez!  Well, it was pretty calm this morning so I headed out to the university gym and got 3.1 miles done around the campus just in case it does get 'crazy weather' later and won't be safe to be outside.  The wind was still blowing - about 15 - 20 mph - and a light rain was hitting me smack in the face at times, but I got it done, and the run was......GREAT!   Quite invigorating, lol.  I even met a very sweet dog along the way named Izzie, who was taking her human for a morning walk.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon...I believe that was short shorts, singlet, and arm sleeves weather you were running in.

HA!  I am a cold weather wimp.  That is a thermal top under my t-shirt.  The temps actually weren't bad that day...30 degrees according to my log.  That HM also offers a FM that is two loops.  That bad weather cleared out fast.  Marathon folks ran the second loop in sunshine and 45 degrees.  And SLUSH.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Those guys are always good for a laugh!

It's funny that YOU were the one who was trying to convince me to wear just regular running shorts four years ago, at a time I could never see myself wearing them stupid things. Now I'm galloping along in tights for mother fucks sake. Talk about taking the baton and running with that bitch. lol

For the record; I wouldn't be caught dead with shorts over my tights. I don't judge anyone that does mind you, *I* just wouldn't.

Well, if you are old like me, or a Walmart customer, that is an acceptable form of dress.  And the shorts do hide the pee leak stains on the tights...   

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

If it's cold enough that my legs need covered, then it's cold enough for 2 layers over the privates.  Yeah, I wear shorts over tights.

I have thicker tights for colder temps but yeah, by all means, we have to do what works for us as individuals. I think the running forums are the epitome of that, as even though we're doing the same thing, none of us are going about it the exact same way.

Hip Redux

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4379080

SO MANY PAGES.

Re: shorts/tights.  My husband wears shorts over tights.  His thighs are big, so he burns through crotches of running tights like you wouldn't believe.    Be thankful for the shorts.

LRB

Pleasant...Have you ever tried the wind-panel underwear (Road runner sports - brief, North Face - boxer brief)?  I find that to be plenty of protection.  I don't judge you for the shorts over top, but wouldn't do it personally.

LRB...Hilarious that you remember that!  I'm glad you came over to the dark side.  I'm afraid to tell you about the latest running fashion that I'm actually digging, despite my better judgment.

I have a million memories from the friendships forged on the forums, it's been a blast.

I'm not sure you do anything I don't or haven't done where running is concerned. If scantily clad is the issue. Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Discuss.

DavePNW

wind-panel underwear 

Oh yes, these are a life saver. Sometimes, along with an extra pair of regular compression shorts, when things get really brutal. Back when I had to run in the cold. 

6 now, 4 later.

Dave

LRB

Discuss.

Manpris? Sheeit, what took you so long? I've had mine since February of 2015.

When I said I took the baton and ran with that bitch, I wasn't bull shittin'!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I fought the urge for so long on these....but they really are sliced bread!  The idea that 12 inches of bare leg could regulate temperature is absurd to me, but these guys do the trick.  And the compression aspect is kinda glorious.

Oski...Probably best not to let him have a self-made wind panel!

LRB

I fought the urge for so long on these....but they really are sliced bread!  The idea that 12 inches of bare leg could regulate temperature is absurd to me, but these guys do the trick.  And the compression aspect is kinda glorious.

Oski...Probably best not to let him have a self-made wind panel!

I couldn't agree more, they are wonderful. Most of everything I'm wearing these days is some form of tights, either ankle length, calf length, or above the knee.

The manpris get the most looks, AND the most sneers. But I can't be bothered with what people think of me or what I'm doing, I would never leave the house or get online if I were. Big grin

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

8 miles with 6x12 seconds hills and 6x100 strides.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

4.1 miles early this morning with Jetta. It was 50 degrees but it felt like 60, I was in shorts and  tee, I was sweating... it felt great.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)