Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Ric-G

maybe 4 or 5 miles later.

tights/capris - thankfully no. just shorts; non-descript which is a good thing

soreness - yes, been known to happen a couple days later

getting taxes done today (yay?) ; just glad it will be done. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

getting taxes done today (yay?) 

This reminds me that I need to mail a payment ffs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We've been trying not to look at the taxes yet.  That's what happens when you have to pay.  Ha.

Damaris

Cyberic

Run 1: 6.5 miles with 2 x (2 miles w/2 minutes Easy)

Run 2: 5.5 miles Easy

Cyberic

Nothing, but nothing, will beat the guy ahead of me on the bike course of a triathlon... he had chosen to wear a white tri suit.

He had also met with an unfortunate accident.

I was highly motivated to pass him, even though I'm a slowpoke.

I've seen men in worn out cycling shorts. It is something that cannot be unseen. I'm sure running tights are the same. Just say no to visible pubes.

Very good stories. Thanks, girls! 

Cyberic

Yes, so on Friday I did 5x1 mile at 10k w/ 90 second recoveries.  And then 4x200's. 

Well, that's not surprising, given that workout was total murder!

Cyberic

I should take a pic of the winter pants I wear. Think Rocky Balboa, but in black instead of grey, and the fabric is tech instead of cotton. That's for Spring-Fall. And for colder days I put slack wind stopper pants over the Rocky slacks.  I go through winter like that. Of course, on real real cold days, I put on extra man parts protection.

No one has ever laughed at me. In my face, that is Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 6 x 1/2 mile at 5k pace, 2 minute recoveries. Broke out the shorts and short sleeves. Facebook reminded me that on this day last year, I saw a "free snow" sign on my long run, which was a series of our and backs no more than 1.5 miles from home because of 2 weeks of snow and cold. I prefer this weather.

No one brought up the Polish cycling team as an argument for shorts over tights? 

LRB

I just counted 10 runners in a 3.3 mile stretch while driving through Royal Oak. 

workinprogress11

4 miles, 70 degrees and I wore a short sleeve tech shirt from a race and capris. For me shorts don't enter the picture until absolutely necessary which is around 80 degrees.

Baboon

delicate flower

22.5 mile bike ride at 18.9 mph, which according to Garmin Connect, beats my previous best of 18.1 mph, and this certainly wasn't a hard effort.  Bike training...what a concept.  My swimming is certainly slow, but 18.9 mph on a bike is pretty solid for a hobby biker.

<3

onemile

I ran 8.  2 with Bruno.  It was in the 60's and I could tell he was feeling the heat.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I ran 8.  2 with Bruno.  It was in the 60's and I could tell he was feeling the heat.

I hope you had a great run!

Umm, btw, where's my gold star?  I'll cover it with shorts if needed.

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Good morning!

I jogged 15.1 miles in the dark.  It was warm, so I enjoyed it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

(damn I am bad at my job)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Thanks!  I was going to stop at 11.9, but, hell no.  I needed that star.

Runner with a riding problem.