2020 Dailies #217 (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Let the good times roll.

As we say in FL, it’s only a Cat 1 So business as usual. Wink

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

no run. did some bike, leg strength stuff and upper body. lotsa rain in MI yesterday but not a TS! Stay safe east coasters!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Holy shit. Our AUST for Houston (the boss of that office) died after being ill for three days. They didn't say it but everything they said says Covid. She was the one that interviewed me and offered me the position there (the position I declined to come here). She was in her mid 50s.

Damaris

LRB

Let the good times roll.

Wow

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Managed to get out early (for me) in heavy rain but before the winds picked up.  Didn't see another soul out anywhere.  The paths I run on had turned into shallow streams in many areas.  After a half mile or so my rain jacket was useless.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I am impressed with your efforts.

I did zero workouts last week because I felt exhausted so it's not like we are all rocking hard training right now. You are putting in a ton of miles too along with the quality

But you don't have a marathon coming up.

onemile

But you don't have a marathon coming up.

exactly why I am allowing myself to slack.  well it's that plus the weather the past month.

LRB

Good Morning!

I ran 6.25 with 5x 800/400 plus 3x 200/200.  The 2nd 800 started on an uphill and had a section on lower Randolph which messes with the paces a bit (I was running at 5k-ish effort and it said a 17mm pace).  On the last 200, I had to pause twice for cars turning into driveways who wouldn't stop for me.  Jerks.  Other than that, the run was great!  The weather was cool and breezy and overcast, it was perfect.  The intervals felt good and I hit my goal paces on all of them.

Any time you can say that you're winning.

LRB

Managed to get out early (for me) in heavy rain but before the winds picked up.  Didn't see another soul out anywhere.  The paths I run on had turned into shallow streams in many areas.  After a half mile or so my rain jacket was useless.

I drove through a storm cell last night that was every bit of 4 miles wide. Crazy.

LRB

no run. did some bike, leg strength stuff and upper body. lotsa rain in MI yesterday but not a TS! Stay safe east coasters!

Noah's Ark floated through the east side last night. lol

sdWhiskers

After living in FL for a few years, it is nice not to 'watch the tropics'. Instead, we have another large fire burning--this time in the area I was camping last week.

8 miles which felt like 20.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After living in FL for a few years, it is nice not to 'watch the tropics'. Instead, we have another large fire burning--this time in the area I was camping last week.

8 miles which felt like 20.

I still have to watch it since my parents live in the middle of it but it's nice not to have to worry about it anymore.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I still have to watch it since my parents live in the middle of it but it's nice not to have to worry about it anymore.

Apparently we get coastal storms here too but we never hear about it until it's a little windy and the weather people are like 'oh that's from Tropical storm/Hurricane X". Main observation is rough surf rather than crazy rain and wind.

LRB

I went out for 7 but didn't even manage a full 6. My running of late can be described as stuck between a big ass boulder and a mountain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I mentioned they moved my office to Stage 2 reopening and no one told us. Now they were discussing Stage 3 at the last meeting. Stage 3 is back to normal. But luckily, I heard they are scrambling to come up with a new Stage 3 because THAT'S NOT GOING TO WORK. FFS.

Damaris