Beginners and Beyond

Don't melt SunDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My intention was 10 but knew I would hit 40 miles at 8 so that is what I did.

That gives me my first 40 mile week since the start of this season's misfortunes back in March.

Finished in 83F + 73F, FFS. Ran it on the trail so it was partially covered or I would have melted into a pile of shit out in full sun.

Take the shade off and you just ran with me in Miami, woot.  Congrats on the big week!

Damaris

LRB

Take the shade off and you just ran with me in Miami, woot.  Congrats on the big week!

There were tons of people running on the streets without shade, I used to be one of them. Then I got a clue.

LRB

Nice job there, LRB.

I realized I posted in the wrong thread again.  Saturday, Sunday,  shish.

Well it was Saturday's run. 

LRB

Question for the dailies:

Starbucks mocha flavored coffee, yay or nay?

From the Internet.

Hour of intervals in the pool followed by upper body weights this morning, negated all of that, and half of yesterday's workout too, by having ice cream from the dairy bar in town for lunch. Best ice cream ever. A scoop of extreme chocolate and a scoop of black bear (raspberry with chocolate chips and chocolate covered raspberry truffles) for me, a kid-sized black bear for the kid, of which she ate about 4 bites before declaring that she was full. Next time she's just going to have to deal with sharing my ice cream, I'm not forking over a whopping $5 for her to waste it! :P

happylily

I was going for my 2nd 16 miler of the weekend, but I was only able to manage 14. With what they call here the "facteur humidex" it was 93F and well... my legs were tired and so was my entire body. If I can run another 2-3 miles tonight, that will bring my total for the week to 63 or 64 miles Now I need a cold shower to make me forget this awful run.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There were tons of people running on the streets without shade, I used to be one of them. Then I got a clue.

There is no shade here and no trails nearby. I got a clue. Just not sure where.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was going for my 2nd 16 miler of the weekend, but I was only able to manage 14. With what they call here the "facteur humidex" it was 93F and well... my legs were tired and so was my entire body. If I can run another 2-3 miles tonight, that will bring my total for the week to 63 or 64 miles Now I need a cold shower to make me forget this awful run.

That is your heat index, ouch. Where is the fan?  Got it yet?

Damaris

LRB

Hour of intervals in the pool followed by upper body weights this morning, negated all of that, and half of yesterday's workout too, by having ice cream from the dairy bar in town for lunch. Best ice cream ever. A scoop of extreme chocolate and a scoop of black bear (raspberry with chocolate chips and chocolate covered raspberry truffles) for me, a kid-sized black bear for the kid, of which she ate about 4 bites before declaring that she was full. Next time she's just going to have to deal with sharing my ice cream, I'm not forking over a whopping $5 for her to waste it! :P

I actually went out for ice cream yesterday but the place I went to has closed down.

DavePNW

Cafe mocha = good

Mocha flavored coffee = bad

Know the difference. 

Dave

happylily

If it's an iced coffee, then any flavor works for me. But my favorite is vanilla, because it's not as sweet as mocha, or caramel, etc...

happylily

That is your heat index, ouch. Where is the fan?  Got it yet?

No. I was too tired to go to a crowded store to get a fan after running miles and miles in this intolerable heat.

happylily

My intention was 10 but knew I would hit 40 miles at 8 so that is what I did.

That gives me my first 40 mile week since the start of this season's misfortunes back in March.

Finished in 83F + 73F, FFS. Ran it on the trail so it was partially covered or I would have melted into a pile of shit out in full sun.

Awesome! It's so hard to come back after an injury... But you're doing great!

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Unscheduled rest day here.  I may squeeze in three this evening but today is usually weights/recovery run.  This morning, however, the kiddo was up at 4:45, because TODDLER, so I'm feeling very drained and might be better off just doing some yoga or sleeping.

78 here, though, and very pretty, so maybe later....

happylily

I haven't seen FreeSoul around. I hope she, or Dorian, are not sick.