Beginners and Beyond

Mondailyzzzzz (Read 44 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently I am not going to sleep until after Boston, which is fantastic.  Or not.  (Did you know that you can find bedtime stories for grownups on YouTube?)

18 trainer miles + climbing tonight, which should be super fun since I haven't slept in so many hours I don't even want to count them.  What have you?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Yup, I was up from 1:55 till 4:30, which was great since I fell back to sleep only to be awoken by my alarm at 5:35. 

Thanks for starting us off blue

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep going on.

We had our Sons running series start up last night. It was so awesome. My little guy who's 2 raced the 50yd distance. He had a blast. The adults kind of got in the way. I stayed off to the side and made sure he kept running but other people ran with the kids.  He got tripped up and fell once but got back up and kept running. He did great...after the crossed the finish he said "One more time" lol. Its all about having fun.

One of those mornings I wish my watch battery was dead.lol  6mi 9:04avg but it felt way harder than it should have. Maybe having to put on thermal tights and a jacket in April affected me.... I always have the crappiest runs of my cycle during taper week but have felt good on race day. I'm pretty much mentally preparing myself for the most terrible weather ever this weekend for the race...Where is spring?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 27 cold miles. It was about 40, which is my lower limit to ride.  If I hadn't run 18 miles over the weekend, the bike would have stayed in the house.  My toes were glad to get home.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Yup, I was up from 1:55 till 4:30, which was great since I fell back to sleep only to be awoken by my alarm at 5:35. 

I'd say I could have kept you company, but I didn't fall asleep until right around then... five hours after going to bed.  I'm so tired, I might puke.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to bed at 10pm and fell asleep at 4am.  I hate not sleeping much.

Damaris

delicate flower

What ya say there, little buckaroos!  I swam before work, and I'll run after work.  My legs were not cooperating during my swim.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Woke up feeling OK after yesterday's 4-mile race.  Then I descended the stairs and my legs told a different story.  Not bad, but definitely a bit tired.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

RunningOnSand

Woke up feeling totally unmotivated. Then read through today's and yesterday's dailies, read how much ass you all kicked, and that inspired me to get out for a run! Again, on the TM (at least it's not 20, like Docket's run (holy shiz! Nice work!) . I had to laugh b/c several of you were talking about having to do yard work. I know that will be us, someday, as well, but now we still have several inches of snow on the ground (WTF, it's April!) so no yard work for us yet. Oh, and it snowed again yesterday. At least this morning it was 23* (and it honestly felt warm, how sad is that?), and better yet, by the middle of this week we may even see 55*. 

delicate flower

I don't like it when DaveP travels for work because then he is slow to respond to PM's, especially if he is on Japan time.  

<3

RunningOnSand

I don't like it when DaveP travels for work because then he is slow to respond to PM's, especially if he is on Japan time.  

Isn't he in Germany this week?

zzyzx

Heavy lifting today followed by the exercise bike. So ready to be on vacation but not yet.

Isn't he in Germany this week?

Well, there's a story there. Fun fact: it is not enough to have a valid passport, it also needs to have an expiration date at least 90 days past your date of travel. This I learned while trying to check in for my flight yesterday, with a passport expiring in 89 days. I shit you not. Long story short, flight was moved to today; I am currently sitting in the Seattle Passport Agency office waiting to find out whether they can get me an expedited renewal in time for that. Gonna be a close call, will find out soon. Good times.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, there's a story there. Fun fact: it is not enough to have a valid passport, it also needs to have an expiration date at least 90 days past your date of travel. This I learned while trying to check in for my flight yesterday, with a passport expiring in 89 days. I shit you not. Long story short, flight was moved to today; I am currently sitting in the Seattle Passport Agency office waiting to find out whether they can get me an expedited renewal in time for that. Gonna be a close call, will find out soon. Good times.

Ouch and good luck. Passports used to be in our building and we would get lots of people trying to do that. Now we only have the IRS which makes our entrance look like a food line.

Damaris