Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES got taper, bad (Read 60 times)

Zelanie

Morning!  Got a nice easy 4 in with the dogs yesterday, and have a RD today.

Pinktastic

Pink, as you know Pink is my favorite color as well along with black.  Couldn't believe it when I saw these

chairs in the lobby of our hotel in Belfast.

Don't you think they were made just for me and my girlfriend to sit in.Big grin

Those chairs are PINKSATIONAL!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me earlier this morning

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What's up with you, LRB?  Still no running for you yet?

Well, glad you got help with Taper Madness, Kristin, but being sick is a pretty drastic way to get that help!  Hope you feel better!  Enjoy the expo tomorrow!

Isn't it Friday now in Australia, Oski?  Have a Foster's!  Big grin

700+ photos, you were busy, Beth!   Welcome home and good luck with your upcoming marathon!

Nice, Baboon, enjoy the 4-day weekend!

Happy running, Bruce.  Glad for you that the legs are feeling good!

Sorry about the sick hubby, Step.   Hope he feels better soon.  That's a long flight, going to Poland, hope he feels better before that, otherwise, probably going to be a pretty miserable flight for him.    Enjoy the run with your friend!  Running on a bluff overlooking a river...I'd have to bring a parachute, just in case....    .........OOPS!  Yeah, I'm a klutz...

Enjoy your SRD, Andrew; and FreeSoul, happy "who knows' day to you!

(((((SARAH)))).   So sorry you are back in the boot again!   But try and stay positive and look at the bright side....now if anyone annoys you, you can literally give him/her 'the boot."   Wishing you a very speedy recovery and thank goodness for no surgery!

4 miles with hubby AGAIN, Damaris?  You're getting into a rut.    Wink

Happy rest day, Zelanie!

AFM, we are still having some really nice weather, thankfully!   I plan on going for a run after work, but I may just take a break from the office and get out and do a lunch-time run around the campus.   See how the work day goes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

obiebyke

New to the group here, seeing what it's like. Wait, so there are two daily threads going on? I'm so confused.

"Easy" 5 miles yesterday. I'm building the habit and going sloooowly. 5 miles still doesn't seem easy to me no matter what pace I go, but I know it will someday if I keep at it. And I definitely have some soreness. I had some shin splint-y type stuff that loosened up while I ran yesterday but I can feel it today, and some tightness behind my right knee. Both seem to be responding to some self-massage, so I think they're n00b aches and pains rather than injuries. I hope.

Still waiting for the new shoes I ordered a bit ago to see if those help, too. They're shipping on the slow boat from an army base in Germany, so we'll see if they show up before the snow flies.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

How have y'all been? It has been a while, but I still lurk.  Last night I did 8 miles with 5x800 at 6:40. Today it's a nice easy 5 mile recovery pace.

I hope you are all doing well. Smile

delicate flower

New to the group here, seeing what it's like. Wait, so there are two daily threads going on? I'm so confused.

Welcome, obiebyke!  Nice to see you here.  I'll be honest, at first I read your name as "okiebye."  Big grin

What's up there, Klompapotamus!

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Lol, hi Baboon. I'm training for my first marathon is what's up!! It's going well. Smile

What up dailies!?

4.5 easy miles yesterday.

2 miles easy, 2 x 15 min @ HMP/10k w/ 1 min active recovery, 2 miles easy tonight.

I have got to get it in before 8 PM.... Tigers are on, baby!  Which Verlander is going to show up??

Later-

Hip Redux

Welcome, obiebyke!  Nice to see you here.  I'll be honest, at first I read your name as "okiebye."  Big grin

ME TOO!  In fact, every time I see it, I read it that way.

On another forum, someone's name is SavvyPRchick - I always read it as savvy prick.

Big grin

obiebyke

Ha! Okiebye is way nicer than savvy prick. I'll take it. Obiebyke is a joke I started at age 18 and it's never gone away. Long story.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

outoftheblue

Welcome obiebyke!

3.5 easy miles yesterday went fine, no foot pain at all.  I will shoot for 4 more today.

I know we have many folks getting ready for marathons this weekend.  Good luck and enjoy the last few days of taper!

Life is good.

delicate flower

Which Verlander is going to show up??

No-hitter Verlander would be cool.

The Red Sox await.  Cool

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy October 10th!   On this day in history, the United States Naval Academy opened on October 10, 1845.The first lunch-time meal served to the cadets was squids.   Wink   And on October 10, 1978, The bill authorizing the Susan B. Anthony dollar was signed by U.S. President Jimmy Carter.

Today's Holidays:

National Angel Food Cake Day

Naval Academy Day

National Handbag Day - sounds like a good reason to go buy a new handbag, ladies!

World Mental Health Day - guess I'm outta luck in this category.   Joking

angry birds, video game, therapist, psychology, happy, relaxed,

mental health cartoons, mental health cartoon, mental health picture, mental health pictures, mental health image, mental health images, mental health illustration, mental health illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-06-25  cat  cats  feline  felines  pet  pets  animal  animals

navy cartoons, navy cartoon, navy picture, navy pictures, navy image, navy images, navy illustration, navy illustrations

navy cartoons, navy cartoon, navy picture, navy pictures, navy image, navy images, navy illustration, navy illustrations

angel's food cake cartoons, angel's food cake cartoon, angel's food cake picture, angel's food cake pictures, angel's food cake image, angel's food cake images, angel's food cake illustration, angel's food cake illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ric-G

kristin - feel better

rick - what's up

oski - wishing for friday too

justb - single malt works...but haven't had any in a long time

baboon - nice hill work

bruce - nice recovery

taper - boring is ok sometimes

step - cool river run

free - yes, coffee for sure

pink - sending positive energy

D - see ya later

zel - nice 4 w/the canines

marjorie - good as usual

scotty - thx for the laffs; hope you get out at lunch

obie - waiting on new shoes too

jack - nice 8; marathon looks good

code - pitching...who knows

blue - glad you're pain free

jay - "super j's"....how cool

will do 3 easy later...i was off monday and still feels like i've been at work all week...oh well...tomorrow is friday...have a great day everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16