Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Overnight woes, Overnight lows (Read 32 times)

sdWhiskers

Cyber- you nailed it, congrats!

Not as hot as Docket is dealing with but there's no chilliness here either. Probably around 68-72 during my run at 7am. I have a no headlamp rule on the weekends if at all possible. 8.2 miles with 6 at slightly faster than MP. Everything felt pretty good.

Probably heading to the beach later today. Orcas were seen close to the beach a few days ago.

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy autumn!!

38:51 R&R Montreal 10K

12th OA, 3rd Masters, 1st M45-49

Fantastic!  Congratulations, Cyber!!

I rode 25 easy miles and followed it up with a 2 mile brick run.  It was nice to be done with my Saturday workout at 9:30 in the morning.  I am not used to that.  Met DW and friend for breakfast after, got my car washed, picked up my farmshare haul.  So, a productive day so far and it's only noon.  

<3

DavePNW

Boom!

Dave

DavePNW

Two weeks back to running, and I'm already itching to race. Patience. There's a 5k at the end of October I've run a couple times, maybe that will be a goal if things go OK. And be prepared for a disaster.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Congratulations.  Nice AG win & nice PR.

I ran 10 easy today, trying to work in more hills.  Another 10 tomorrow - with a morning temperature forecast to be below 60!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Greta's Run 5k, 5/19; Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12

Cyberic

Boom!

Ooooh! Haven't seen one of those in a while! Thanks Dave, and everybody else for the kudos!

So what does a good race like that do? It makes you play with the race time calculators! Turns out this is my best race time, any distance, and that my other PRs are a little soft. And it gives you confidence that you might actually have a nice marathon time in 4 weeks, with a proper taper, and all.

With 1 mile to go, my friend/coach was on the side of the course, and he told me it was time to give it all I had. I thought it was a little early, but I trusted him and gave it a shot. It was a long mile, going slightly uphill, but I managed to keep the effort until the end. In retrospect, I might not have managed sub-39 if it were not for that.

With lots of turns and turnarounds, I knew I could not trust my Garmin's distance, but it's hard to say by how much. I'm very happy with my time. In my head it was sub40 for sure, but could I go sub39? Really wasn't sure. Nice to have that officially on my record!

zzyzx

Penultimate training run before my half and I'm not happy with it. My goal is to keep things under 2 hours (a 9:09 pace) and I was having trouble. Yeah I was sick most of the week and yeah I added a hill but a 9:18 pace isn't going to cut it. On the other hand it was warm and windy and I did cross 12 miles so hopefully getting the distance up will be enough and next week will give me better time. It was way off from my last two week's runs so I think I was just off... I hope.

DavePNW

4 miles.

Penultimate training run before my half 

Which race?

Dave

zzyzx

Royal Parks Half marathon in London.

DavePNW

So since I'm perusing future races - the Turkey Trot I've done a couple times has given out flannel pajama pants instead of shirts. This year's design is a very Charlie Brown Thanksgiving:

Dave

RunningOnSand

So since I'm perusing future races - the Turkey Trot I've done a couple times has given out flannel pajama pants instead of shirts. This year's design is a very Charlie Brown Thanksgiving:

That's worth it even if you walk it in.

I had a really hard workout today...14'ish miles w/ 4x2mi @ ouch pace. We had a headwind for my last 2, and also some uphills on the first one, and I think they just wiped me out. I've got ~15 tomorrow, but at least they're easy miles.

onemile

That's worth it even if you walk it in.

I had a really hard workout today...14'ish miles w/ 4x2mi @ ouch pace. We had a headwind for my last 2, and also some uphills on the first one, and I think they just wiped me out. I've got ~15 tomorrow, but at least they're easy miles.

Nice! What does ouch pace correlate to?

onemile

Two weeks back to running, and I'm already itching to race. Patience. There's a 5k at the end of October I've run a couple times, maybe that will be a goal if things go OK. And be prepared for a disaster.

The idea always sounds great but then you do it and ooof.

zzyzx

I signed up for that the other day for that reason Smile

Cyberic

Some local races have started to give discounts if you don't want the shirt and the medal. The medals go at the bottom of the drawer. I do run in in race shirts but I have enough.

So pajamas, or whatever you want to give out (of sell me without me being able to do anything about it) instead of a T-Shirt is welcome.