Beginners and Beyond

HUGE Sundailies (Read 53 times)

DavePNW

I know Freesoul and Ginny and Half Crazy did awesome today (woot woot wooooooot!!) and probably someone else I am forgetting but I am too tired and lazy to give this dailies a thorough review at the moment, but thanks for the kind words, kids.  Sorry the athlete tracker is a pile of shit.  I am so damn sore right now.     Why do we do marathons?  It just makes no sense to put our bodies through that punishment.  And it is punishment.  Self-inflicted holy-shit this-sucks punishment.  I got a medal though.

Dave

B-Plus

How did that happen, and what made him decide to still finish?

He has been injured, but decided to give it a go since he isn't sure if he'll have the opportunity again anytime soon. Made it to 35km in 3:03. Then 2 trips to the medical tent, a church, and a long-ass walk ensued. Med tent and church was mostly to warm up.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know Freesoul and Ginny and Half Crazy did awesome today (woot woot wooooooot!!) and probably someone else I am forgetting but I am too tired and lazy to give this dailies a thorough review at the moment, but thanks for the kind words, kids.  Sorry the athlete tracker is a pile of shit.  I am so damn sore right now.     Why do we do marathons?  It just makes no sense to put our bodies through that punishment.  And it is punishment.  Self-inflicted holy-shit this-sucks punishment.  I got a medal though.

Trust me, I am not as wore out as you and this thread has me lost and exhausted right now

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

He has been injured, but decided to give it a go since he isn't sure if he'll have the opportunity again anytime soon. Made it to 35km in 3:03. Then 2 trips to the medical tent, a church, and a long-ass walk ensued. Med tent and church was mostly to warm up.

He went to pray? Maybe I should have gone to the service on Sunday, like onemile did. I'm sure it would have made a huge difference with my finish time! Serves me right...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Trust me, I am not as wore out as you and this thread has me lost and exhausted right now

Awesome!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome!

Lmao.... I am going to take a nap now 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

First thing I ate from the finisher's feed bag was the banana.  I had stomach issues today which I'll touch on in my RR tomorrow.  I'm sure you can't wait for that.

I loaded my race to my log if anyone wants to look at it.  If not, I don't blame you.

<3

B-Plus

He went to pray? Maybe I should have gone to the service on Sunday, like onemile did. I'm sure it would have made a huge difference with my finish time! Serves me right...

I wish I had known about that! I'll make sure to attend if I go next year.

LRB

Fixed

Okay that's hilarious!

B-Plus

First thing I ate from the finisher's feed bag was the banana.  I had stomach issues today which I'll touch on in my RR tomorrow.  I'm sure you can't wait for that.

I loaded my race to my log if anyone wants to look at it.  If not, I don't blame you.

I looked. I was hoping to see your RR in there 

LRB

I looked. I was hoping to see your RR in there 

lol

DavePNW

Yeah that's always my go-to. Invariably I will also grab a bagel and take one bite, which takes me forever to chew & swallow, then I end up pitching the rest.

Looked at your log. Sure you slowed down a bit in the last few, but not a bad fade at all. Overall very, very solid. Looking forward to the RR, including the one in person!

Dave

DavePNW

I am too tired and lazy to give this dailies a thorough review at the moment, 

JHFC, just realized this is an 11-page dailies. Does anyone know the record?

Dave

outoftheblue

It was still 102F when I started my LR, so 16 miles with the last 8 @ MP + 10% on the TM.  Hope Lily is proud!

Those long TM runs are brutal.  Good work -- It sounds like you are starting to train up for San Diego.

Also -- GREAT job Ginny on the marathon and FS on the B2B races.

SRD for me.  I'm trying to be patient with these hamstrings.  It frustrating knowing I could run, but that it would risk delaying my effort to completely heal them.  The good news is that everything else my therapist hit -- hips and back -- feel great.  If only I had seen her when this problem first started.

I distracted myself by picking 3 pints of strawberries in our garden and making some strawberry-vanilla dessert sauce.

Life is good.