Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It IS Thursday, right?? All these stupid holidays basically mean I spend a month straight not knowing what day it is.

10 on the AlterG with 4 @HMP, 4 @MP. 16 days...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 5.

I had to leave the cats in one bedroom today (a bedroom with no furniture) while Serv Pro destroys my house to restore the water damage.  Hoping they don't have to spend my time in Chicago in a bedroom alone, poor babies.  maybe by then they will finish with the master bedroom and I can put them there which is huge and like an apartment.  No, they are not spoiled.  Nope.

No swelling this morning but the foot is starting to swell, which I think proves my theory that is water retention from the knee healing, but what do I know?  I'm not Dr. Google.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LRB...Thanks for the tip about the Indy race. As it turns out, the lady friend is going to Florida that weekend, so I guess it won't be the race for me.

Blue...I haven't had a clue what day it has been all week either! What percentage do you set your AlterG to?

Docket...if your theory is right, would that make it good swelling then?

Had a nice group run last night with someone who I don't usually run with - always good to change it up. I'll run right from work tonight and hit the country roads for 6 or 8.

Tomorrow I'll have to get up early because I'm seeing Seinfeld after work. Yay for Seinfeld, boo for morning runs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, it would at least make it nothing is broken or sprained swelling.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Blue...I haven't had a clue what day it has been all week either! What percentage do you set your AlterG to?

Generally 50%, give or take. That's probably lower than it should be for the best benefit running-wise, but I am too terrified to increase it much on a regular basis. For good reason!

chasing the impossible

Off, pt recovery, might/likely off tomorrow also... hmmm, found my next race...

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Generally 50%, give or take. That's probably lower than it should be for the best benefit running-wise, but I am too terrified to increase it much on a regular basis. For good reason!

I've only been back for a bit, but from what I can tell, you've been running great. I see no point in altering a winning recipe!

bluerun

Super B****

I've only been back for a bit, but from what I can tell, you've been running great. I see no point in altering a winning recipe!

To be fair, I ran at the same percentage last year, and last year was pretty much one big suck-fest! I don't view the AlterG running as something that does much for my physical fitness (hell, I can't even get my heart rate into triple digits on there for the most part) ... but for my mental state, it's invaluable.

chasing the impossible

Frost on my car this morning! Actually had to scrape the windows. A bracing 8 miles.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

To be fair, I ran at the same percentage last year, and last year was pretty much one big suck-fest! I don't view the AlterG running as something that does much for my physical fitness (hell, I can't even get my heart rate into triple digits on there for the most part) ... but for my mental state, it's invaluable.

Just out of curiosity, do you know your stride rate for your runs on there? I would think that one of the biggest benefits of working at a low % of body weight would be the ability to ingrain a good cadence and quick turn over.

As for the mental state, I think we're all more than willing to use any available sorcery to keep it positive!

bluerun

Super B****

Just out of curiosity, do you know your stride rate for your runs on there? I would think that one of the biggest benefits of working at a low % of body weight would be the ability to ingrain a good cadence and quick turn over.

As for the mental state, I think we're all more than willing to use any available sorcery to keep it positive!

That's the funny thing -- my cadence is actually much LOWER on the AlterG. I average around 180 on the road, but it's usually between 150-160 on the AlterG, depending on the pace. I thought this seemed weird and that my foot pod was getting it wrong, so I've actually counted my steps. The foot pod is not wrong.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Off, pt recovery, might/likely off tomorrow also... hmmm, found my next race...

.05k is next week in Baltimore.

delicate flower

Work the past two years has been difficult, stressful, and at times I have legit wanted to quit, and it has all been building to today.  Things are going so well that I almost want to cry.  It's like training for a marathon, and then you run the marathon of your life.

<3

delicate flower

Oh, I ran five miles before work.  It's weird when it is that windy so early in the morning, but it was an enjoyable run.

<3

sdWhiskers

I had to leave the cats in one bedroom today (a bedroom with no furniture) while Serv Pro destroys my house to restore the water damage.  Hoping they don't have to spend my time in Chicago in a bedroom alone, poor babies.  maybe by then they will finish with the master bedroom and I can put them there which is huge and like an apartment.  No, they are not spoiled.  Nope.

Did the sellers end up leaving the cat castle?