Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

I can't discuss with Dave every time we get a Boston Marathon e-mail for 2020, and that makes me sad.  I mean I guess I still can, but it's not the same.

I don’t feel sad about not running Boston again, but I’ll miss the camaraderie of anticipation. Still it wouldn’t be the same as the first time, you can only do that once. I’ll be sure to follow the Boston thread and give my 2 cents since I am now an expert.

Dave

delicate flower

I just got an email today!! I felt like such a noob because I was really excited 

I am now a seasoned Boston veteran and was very excited to get it!

I’ll be sure to follow the Boston thread and give my 2 cents since I am now an expert.

Yes, there will undoubtedly be people looking for the best ways to skip all lines, cars, busses, road closings, and people on race day so they and their families won't have to wait for anything. 

<3

DavePNW

I just got an email today!! I felt like such a noob because I was really excited 

I ran 5

It’s absolutely cause for excitement.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Work the past two years has been difficult, stressful, and at times I have legit wanted to quit, and it has all been building to today.  Things are going so well that I almost want to cry.  It's like training for a marathon, and then you run the marathon of your life.

which means you've done a damn nice job on your execution. Nicely done, Baboon!

RunningOnSand

Off, pt recovery, might/likely off tomorrow also... hmmm, found my next race...

LOL

RunningOnSand

RD for me. I slept in until 630 and it was glorious.

DS has been doing running club before school. He's basically running 1-1.5 miles 3x week as part of it. Not bad for a 6 year old. And the best part--he likes it

Big grin That is awesome!

RunningOnSand

The mid-morning hangries have been strong with me the past few days.

You need more food! Trail mix?

RunningOnSand

Our hospital is going live with a new system in February, which has already been post poned like 3 times, and we have to go live in February or we lose the funding for it. Should be a fun time

That sounds really stressful.

DavePNW

You need more food! 

Yes I do. I just need to be judicious with the snack drawer because I don't want to cut into the afternoon supply.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Hi.

I ran a total of 10 miles. It dawned on me that I could run commute to my run club, then run commute home to add some extra mileage. I channeled my inner Cyber and KC. Big grin Anyway, feels good to stretch the legs again. I think I'm running on the higher end of easy pace, but then when I look at my race times I feel like I should be way faster.  I guess that's what happens when you actually stop training? Ugh. Takes so long to build fitness and you lose it so fast. Oh well. At least I'm enjoying running again, and that, my friends, is priceless.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Frost on my car this morning! Actually had to scrape the windows. A bracing 8 miles.

I have not been using my garage.  At what temperature will I have that problem?  Asking for a friend.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did the sellers end up leaving the cat castle?

No, sniff.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, shortii!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I can't find the project I did for one of my grad classes, but I remember a huge percentage of ERP  projects fail. Often miserably

Does that encompass Procurement also? Our 2 largest dumpster fires have been switching to new Procurement software/processes. We recently switched beginning of July and it is STILL a mess. We need Baboon on our team too.

DavePNW

At least I'm enjoying running again, and that, my friends, is priceless.

Truth.

Dave