Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I don’t feel sad about not running Boston again, but I’ll miss the camaraderie of anticipation. Still it wouldn’t be the same as the first time, you can only do that once. I’ll be sure to follow the Boston thread and give my 2 cents since I am now an expert.

This is true, and I'm sad about it, because I feel like I didn't get the full experience I could have for mine since I was with someone for whom it was all old hat already.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Does that encompass Procurement also? Our 2 largest dumpster fires have been switching to new Procurement software/processes. We recently switched beginning of July and it is STILL a mess. We need Baboon on our team too.

I assume so. Typically an ERP system ties together at least 2 or more business functions.  Usually a purchasing system connects to the general ledger at a minimum.

DavePNW

This is true, and I'm sad about it, because I feel like I didn't get the full experience I could have for mine since I was with someone for whom it was all old hat already.

I am pretty happy with getting the full experience. I did all the things. I certainly wish the race itself had gone better, but I guess some variation of shitty weather is part of the full experience too. The only thing I missed was the pre-race dinner, because I went over there and the line was around the block. So I said FTS and grabbed something in Fanueil Hall nearby.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I am pretty happy with getting the full experience. I did all the things. I certainly wish the race itself had gone better, but I guess some variation of shitty weather is part of the full experience too. The only thing I missed was the pre-race dinner, because I went over there and the line was around the block. So I said FTS and grabbed something in Fanueil Hall nearby.

I didn't do any of the things. Hell, my picture of the finish line is from the day after the race! (Pro tip: squatting down for that is far less enjoyable then.) Not that I would have gone to the pre-race dinner anyway, but even the expo was just an in-and-out thing.

On the plus side, since you can't get a second chance at your first, I won't have to spend a lot of time on all that next year.

chasing the impossible

From the Internet.

6 taper miles. Starting to feel rested but not TOO rested yet. Perfect.

From the Internet.

I just got an email today!! I felt like such a noob because I was really excited 

I ran 5

lol I felt the same way when I saw it!! Big grin

DavePNW

even the expo was just an in-and-out thing.

I'm not a big expo fan in general, always in & out and never buy anything, but I walked up & down every aisle of that one. Also I walked there & back from my hotel, which was about a mile each way. Could have taken the T, but wanted to be able to walk past the finish line and just see all the things. According to the app on my phone, I actually ended up walking about 5 miles on Sunday (plus a 3 mile run). I suppose that may not have been the wisest move, but I regret nothing.

Dave

DavePNW

I have not been using my garage.  At what temperature will I have that problem?  Asking for a friend.

Well generally 32 degrees. But could happen a few degrees higher, because science.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Is it possible to have taper crazies before you've even started to taper?? Because I do.

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

even the expo was just an in-and-out thing.

You missed free mini boxes of pancake mix.  Don't worry, I picked up extras to make up for it, and I made them all.  Got about four pancakes out of each box.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

You missed free mini boxes of pancake mix.  Don't worry, I picked up extras to make up for it, and I made them all.  Got about four pancakes out of each box.

That's okay, I can't eat 80% of the free food anyway.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

I was a little annoyed, because you reported on the free pancake mix and free yogurt, and I didn't see either one. I don't think I got anything free (except of course the poster), and didn't buy anything either for that matter (I was thinking about a pint glass, but the checkout line at the Adidas place was insane).

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well generally 32 degrees. But could happen a few degrees higher, because science.

I think our lows this weekend will be in the 30s but I'll be in Chicago and probably outside since I'll be parking at Midway.  fortunately, I have a scraper already in the car.  yay me.

I still have not put on the heater even with the 40s at night.  The insulation in this house is great so as long as I am not freezing until I get out of my bed, I'm cool.

Damaris

LRB

Is it possible to have taper crazies before you've even started to taper?? Because I do.

Approximately how many times have you checked the race day forecast? If it's anything less than one thousand then you're probably just dealing with allergies. 

DavePNW

I don't doubt you have it in you.

Dave