Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Runshortii

I am pretty happy with getting the full experience. I did all the things. I certainly wish the race itself had gone better, but I guess some variation of shitty weather is part of the full experience too. The only thing I missed was the pre-race dinner, because I went over there and the line was around the block. So I said FTS and grabbed something in Fanueil Hall nearby.

What are all the things I need to do? Do tell

GinnyinPA

I ran 6 on a beautiful autumn afternoon and it sucked. Most of my runs lately have been slogs, if not worse. I feel much as I felt when my ferritin was at it's lowest, but evidently that isn't the problem now. It's low (23) but not that low. I've decided against a fall race so I think I'll cut back on my running for a bit and see if that helps. Compared to most of you, I don't run all that much, but I'm wondering if it's too much for me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning I didn't get up until 5:35, ran 5.5 miles with Jetta, the last half mile was fast as I could comfortably manage.

My friend canceled our lunch date due to her needing sleep, so I treated myself to Longhorn Steakhouse - Parmesan Crusted Chicken and 2 margaritas.

Then about an hour after that, I hit the trails for a 3.5 mile run.... definitely not my smartest idea, after margaritas and in 81 degrees.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

What are all the things I need to do? Do tell

1. Wear your jacket while in town
          2. Buy something at the expo
          3. Come home with a medal 

The rest will take care of itself. 👍

DavePNW

Buy something at the expo

Dave

onemile

I ran nearly 8 miles with 8x400m with 200m float recoveries. Aiming for 1:35/:55. Thankfully today I did not feel like I just ran a marathon a few days ago although my lower back was really sore all day. 3 hrs of driving didn't help.

LRB

Oops!

2 for 3 is a great night in the major leagues.

LRB

I ran 6 on a beautiful autumn afternoon and it sucked. Most of my runs lately have been slogs, if not worse. I feel much as I felt when my ferritin was at it's lowest, but evidently that isn't the problem now. It's low (23) but not that low. I've decided against a fall race so I think I'll cut back on my running for a bit and see if that helps. Compared to most of you, I don't run all that much, but I'm wondering if it's too much for me.

1600 miles at this point in the year is pretty solid regardless of who it is running it. You've had three solid months culminating into last month's high for the year. I'd say you're feeling that mileage. You can either ride it out or cut back, it's all gravy at this point. #passthebiscuits

LRB

I ran nearly 8 miles with 8x400m with 200m float recoveries. Aiming for 1:35/:55. Thankfully today I did not feel like I just ran a marathon a few days ago although my lower back was really sore all day. 3 hrs of driving didn't help.

Shit, that's almost as bad as running 3 hours...I said almost!

What's on tap for the weekend, something in the 12 - 14 mile range?

LRB

This morning I didn't get up until 5:35, ran 5.5 miles with Jetta, the last half mile was fast as I could comfortably manage.

My friend canceled our lunch date due to her needing sleep, so I treated myself to Longhorn Steakhouse - Parmesan Crusted Chicken and 2 margaritas.

Then about an hour after that, I hit the trails for a 3.5 mile run.... definitely not my smartest idea, after margaritas and in 81 degrees.

We would expect nothing less from you.

sdWhiskers

I dunno...23 is low.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got home to see 1/4 of my floors are removed and we have 10 fans all over the house.  The cats came out of the room wanting to escape only to realize there were 10 vacuum cleaners in the house, lol.

I'm still cleaning so doubt I'll run.  FTS, I'm getting a drink.

Damaris

LRB

Got home to see 1/4 of my floors are removed and we have 10 fans all over the house.  The cats came out of the room wanting to escape only to realize there were 10 vacuum cleaners in the house, lol.

I'm still cleaning so doubt I'll run.  FTS, I'm getting a drink.

Or you can be like Andrea, and get a drink(s) then run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure.  I'm exhausted.  I have not had a break since September.  I don't think I've slept much in three weeks.  I would prefer just the drinking.  Plus the knee and swollen foot will be happier.

Damaris

DavePNW

Or you can be like Andrea, and get a drink(s) then run.

Don’t forget the big hunk of meat to go with it.

Dave