Beginners and Beyond

Are you an adult? (Read 136 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I wanna see you parallel park that bad boy.

NO, I HAVE NOT DONE ALL THOSE THINGS!

Well actually I have, but I was just demonstrating my adeptness at #31. Most of the girls I went out in my dating days actually never had a problem with that one either. But I digress.

I said I "could" drive one - at that time. It's been a long time since I drove a rig like that. Though I don't think I ever parallel parked one. Backing a trailer wasn't my strongest skill.

But parallel park a car? Hell, yes! I can back into places DH won't try to park in.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Well I have done them, doesn't mean I still do them. I WILL NOT iron a shirt. Either it doesn't need to be ironed, or I let the professionals take care of it.

I *may* have ironed a shirt or two when I was 18, but I quickly refused to continue doing this nonsense. I've never changed a tire or checked the oil. Mostly because I don't own a car.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Well I have done them, doesn't mean I still do them. I WILL NOT iron a shirt. Either it doesn't need to be ironed, or I let the professionals take care of it.

+1000000000

Eff ironing.

Hip Redux

Oh yeah, screw that too.  lol   Never learned that, we always had fitted sheets!

LRB

Eff ironing.

For the most part, the way I wash my clothes does not lend itself to much ironing, but when it does, I am all over it.  It is something I do without much thought actually, I guess it is in my blood.

onemile

I have not:

1. Catch the subway (but I did take the Skytrain in Bangkok)
              2. Change a tire (Called AAA to do it for me)
              3. Replace a fuse  (No)
              RSX

I have no clue what the corners mean but have done the rest. In college we would change tires, and oil but I never did it after I graduated. I suck at ironing so it's either the dry cleaners or 10 minutes in the dryer.

Rondog65

I guess I am old as I have completed the list to include hospital corners in the military and all.  I have driven a standard with the shift on the column, remember the high beam switch being on the floor, had an 8 track player in my first car.  Remember when FM converters were attached under the dash so your am radio could get fm station prior to fm stereo.  I think I need to take a nap!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

bluerun

Super B****

I AM A CHILD.

There are some things on that list that I have never done, and will never do.  Yay for eternal youth!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Philliefan33

According to that list, DH and I did our job as parents. Our daughters can do everything on that list, with the exception of #9.  But that's what AAA is for.

Love the Half

Yeah, I can't sew a button although I do all of the laundry and almost all of the cooking in our house

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Little Blue

I still iron on the rare occasion that we wear something nice.  Screw hospital corners.  I know how, but I don't even make my bed.  Stuff the sheets in so they don't drag on the floor and call it done.

Shave with a razor.... what else do people shave with? 

As for subways, I am still in love with the Boston T system.  It actually goes to useful places.  Buffalo's subway is one point-to-point line, and unless you live near the northern terminus and want to go to a baseball or hockey game without driving, serves really no purpose at all.

Daves_Not_Here

While growing up, my mother taught me all sorts of stuff while saying "I'm teaching you this so that when you move out, you'll be able to care for yourself...cuz you're not moving back in."

(RIP Mom...love you. )

Between her lessons and my military experience...Yeah. I passed it along to my son as well. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I cannot change a tire (but I CAN call AAA and look like a damsel in distress enough for a random man to help me), I can't check my oil (that's what the sticker they put on after each oil change with projected date and mileage of next oil change and the oil light is for!), I technically can iron a shirt, maybe, but I don't have an iron or ironing board I just put clothes in the bathroom with the hot shower on and close the door when something is wrinkled, I don't know what hospital corners are I just tuck the sheet into the mattress if I actually make my bed which is only when I change the sheets or for guests coming over (usually I just straighten it in the morning), and I definitely can't replace a fuse but that's probably what the building super is for! So.....I'm kind of an adult? I've been living without adult supervision for nearly 10 years if you count college and grad school and for 4 years after all that was over, completely alone without even a roommate, and I've survived so far....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to