Beginners and Beyond

Tubular Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My guess is that she was from Miami...

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

6 miles. Still not quite 100% recovered, but feeling a little better every day. And I’m on a new streak now - 11 straight days wearing The Jacket. I need to get Eric to add a widget for that.

That is a good streak.  Mine ended at two days.  I feel inadequate now.  I may wear mine to the small local 10K I am doing Sunday, just to strike douchey fear into my fellow racers.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

So my backup marathon in case of Boston disaster was the New Jersey Marathon this Sunday.  Their weather is saying cloudy with temps in the 50's and dew point in the 40's.  Figures.

<3

DavePNW

That is a good streak.  Mine ended at two days.  I feel inadequate now.  I may wear mine to the small local 10K I am doing Sunday, just to strike douchey fear into my fellow racers.

Well temps here are still 40s-50s, so I am wearing it as my regular daily jacket. An 11 day streak also in progress on not a single person commenting on it. Even if/when I ever stop using it as my daily jacket, it will absolutely be worn to races when it is cool in the morning, for packet pickup & just hanging around pre-race being douchey.

Dave

DavePNW

So my backup marathon in case of Boston disaster was the New Jersey Marathon this Sunday.  Their weather is saying cloudy with temps in the 50's and dew point in the 40's.  Figures.

There's still time!

You are way ahead of me just doing a 10k this weekend. I am not going to push it. But I am anxious to get back to 5k/10k racing sooner rather than later.

Dave

LRB

Boon should be blowing his 10k and 5k PRs out of the water soon if history is any indication.

Baboon

delicate flower

Boon should be blowing his 10k and 5k PRs out of the water soon if history is any indication.

Yeah according to those race calculators, I've got a couple of low hanging fruits that I want to swing at.  I do better at the shorter distances too, as my HM and marathon predictors are usually a tad optimistic.  I've never raced a 10K so soon after a marathon though, so I'm not sure how my legs are going to respond.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Early reactions from Endgame are making me very jealous and anxious that I have to wait until next Sunday to see it.  AHHHHHH!!!!!!

<3

LRB

anxious

I have seats for Thursday at 7:00 pm. Now I'm wishing I bought them for 7:00 AM. lol

DavePNW

Early reactions from Endgame are making me very jealous and anxious that I have to wait until next Sunday to see it.  AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Definitely Saturday for me. I have been trying to maintain a media blackout for the past few weeks - avoiding any new clips, trailers, articles, etc. I don't want to know anything more about the movie till I see it.

Dave

DavePNW

I have seats for Thursday at 7:00 pm. 

You might win - I don't think it gets much earlier than that, unless you are a movie critic.

Dave

Runshortii

We’re going Friday night. I can’t wait!!

i originally wanted to do tomorrow’s workout today because I’m doing my LR Friday. My left pinky toe always gets calluses and blisters and I got a bad one Sunday, I was able to drain it, but I used some of that callous remover and accidentally got it on open skin by the blister and my foot literally felt like it was on fire all night (I guess salicylic acid on an open wound will do that ) I could barely sleep it hurt so bad and my whole foot was swollen. Anyway it’s a lot better today but I figure I’ll take tomorrow as my rest day instead of tomorrow....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wait, I thought it starts Friday and the first one available is midnight Thursday?  LRB is going at 7pm?  Maybe I should check then since we will be home (I work from home Thursday). But who wants to go to the movies in the evening in Miami?  Fuck not me.  I'll stick to Friday at 11am.  TYVM.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Sad Baboon.

<3

LRB

You might win - I don't think it gets much earlier than that, unless you are a movie critic.

Ah yes, good point. There was a 6:30 showing but I passed because I sometimes have to work till 6:00 and didn't want to chance it so I took the 7:00 slot to be safe. So if it wasn't for work, I'd know the ending 30 minutes earlier. Damn you adulting!