Beginners and Beyond

Ever feel like your hip is going to pop out of joint??? (Read 63 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So this kind of reminds me of what I had early on in my running career but last night just really aggrivated me.  I did an 8 miler and while I ran a 10 miler for my LR last week, last night just caused my right hip to ache.

I don't know how else to describe it except for saying that it feels like the top of my femur is going to pop outwardly (out to my side) right out of its socket.  I feel a little better today & did a bunch of rolling & stretching last night but MAN this was just unexpected!  I recall this early in my running career (5 years ago) and thinking it was all the running/jumping in basketball as I dunked the basketball left-handed meaning I jumped off my right foot.  Anyway, I don't recall how/when it went away, it just went away.

Anybody feel this ever?   Know what it is?

TIA

Randy

LRB

I have been running with a busted ass hip for over a year now, and some days are better than others.  I have never rolled my hip but did a lot of strengthening crap to the point where I am able to basically manage the pain, but to some degree, it is always there.

At times while running, it has hurt to the point where I have made an audible ow.  I have not however, ever felt pain where it felt like it was going to pop out.  That does not sound good.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ya, I dunno what it is.  The longer the day goes the better I feel.  That's great & all but I wish I knew why it happens in the first place.  I'd guess that when I get tired I lose form & maybe *most* of the time my body handles it, but if I'm worn down, tired *and* losing form, then maybe the hips pay the price.

Anyway.....it's a cross-training day today anyway.  Free weights (including squats) should put some different loads on the hips & we'll see what tomorrow brings.  I had about a half-dozen great runs before yesterday so who knows.

(Oh and gonna get back to doing some side-planks too.  Used to do those & haven't lately)

Randy

RSX

When my hip hurt the most I used kinesio tape which seemed to help. A bunch of torso turn machine reps later, and my hip got a lot better.

Love the Half

You're old.  Something's gonna hurt.  You're welcome.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

You're old.  Something's gonna hurt.  You're welcome.

Problem solved!  Cool

Weights went well last night so we'll see.  I went extra deep with the squats & extra effort on the leg extensions & curls.  Probably a little sore today but glad I put in the effort.  I'll force myself on the hamster wheel tonight to give the joints a break.

Randy

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have no clue about the hip, but are you going to do the 10k or is the hip putting the kibosh on it?

LRB

I went extra deep with the squats

Hope you have grab bars above your toilet, you are going to need them by morning.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I have no clue about the hip, but are you going to do the 10k or is the hip putting the kibosh on it?

Ya know Mean Gene.  When I feel the naysayers and the party poopers tryin' to bring the Hulkster down.....ya know what I do brother?  I just think about all those thousands of little Hulkamaniacs out there in TV land brother,........Trainin', sayin' their prayers & eatin' their vitamins brother.  And I start Hulkin' up man!!

I start ta feel these 24" pythons rise to the occasion.  The power of all those little Hulksters pullin' me up from the depths.  And I pick myself up.....just like the 7'4", 500lb Andre the Giant.  When I pressed the Giant over my head and slammed him to the canvas like I said I would, Mean Gene.  There ain't no stoppin' the Hulkster brother.  So all I gotta say to Chewy from La Puente is.......

Whatcha' gonna do brother......when Hulkamania runs wild on YOU!!!!!!!!!

Randy

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Lmao!!!! Yes!! That's what I'm talkin' about, brother!!! Maybe Chico Santana will be there!!!!

catwhoorg

Labrat

Very so often I'll have a week or two where it feels like my hip is going to pop out when I start running.

It is very painful, but only lasts like that for 1-2 mins tops, then its like the muscle warms up and its just fine.

Starts doing this for seemingly no reason, stops for equally no reason.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

Ya know Mean Gene.  When I feel the naysayers and the party poopers tryin' to bring the Hulkster down.....ya know what I do brother?  I just think about all those thousands of little Hulkamaniacs out there in TV land brother,........Trainin', sayin' their prayers & eatin' their vitamins brother.  And I start Hulkin' up man!!

I start ta feel these 24" pythons rise to the occasion.  The power of all those little Hulksters pullin' me up from the depths.  And I pick myself up.....just like the 7'4", 500lb Andre the Giant.  When I pressed the Giant over my head and slammed him to the canvas like I said I would, Mean Gene.  There ain't no stoppin' the Hulkster brother.  So all I gotta say to Chewy from La Puente is.......

Whatcha' gonna do brother......when Hulkamania runs wild on YOU!!!!!!!!!

That is golden!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: not only is it golden, it's one of the best posts ever, brother!!!  Lol

LRB

LRB: not only is it golden, it's one of the best posts ever, brother!!!  Lol

For anyone around back then, that was must see TV!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: I am dating myself, but those were the days! British Bulldogs, Junkyard Dog, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, The Iron Shiek, King Kong Bundy, Superfly Snooka and the cage matches!!  Fun times. We used to go to the matches once a month at the L.A. Sports Arena.  Classic stuff...