Beginners and Beyond

Here's a race for you adventure types (Read 49 times)

happylily

Far beyond your average mud race, this course is designed to break you.

I'm already broken. I don't need to be more broken.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

My Warrior Dash was a one-and-done.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

+1

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

F-no

LRB

I don't need to be more broken.

I haven't had time to check the link yet but wanted to lol at that; lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+2

Damaris

LRB

"Henderson, the 2014 participant, included some tips for prospective Muddy Marathoners in his race report. He recommends full leg coverage, and even shin guards, to deal with the brush and brier.Gloves are useful for grabbing plants or metal wire for stability on trickier sections. As for shoes, Henderson writes that it doesn’t really matter: “Grip was just not going to happen regardless of what you had on, so just wear something light that won't absorb a lot of water/mud/snow." He also suggests “ass-skiing” as an efficient way of going down steep, slick descents."

Ass-skiing? lol

LRB

"This is an experience of fun and to try something new.  You will not actually do much "running" but a lot of walking.  Walkers WILL NOT finish the course in under 2 hours / loop.Most "runners" will not finish in under 2 hours per loop. 

Please do not enter if the idea of a DNF frightens you.  If you enter the marathon you have a 100% chance of getting a DNF (based on 2014 results)."

So much for that idea!

delicate flower

Ass-skiing? lol

"Dude, what's all that on the back of your shorts?"

"Mud."

"Yeah, right lol."

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

"This is an experience of fun and to try something new.  You will not actually do much "running" but a lot of walking.  Walkers WILL NOT finish the course in under 2 hours / loop.Most "runners" will not finish in under 2 hours per loop. 

Please do not enter if the idea of a DNF frightens you.  If you enter the marathon you have a 100% chance of getting a DNF (based on 2014 results)."

So much for that idea!

Yeah that sounds like a blast!

Let me sign up for something that is a damn near guarantee failure - pay (I assume more $?) So I can say "Hey I tried it!"

No thank you, I prefer to sign up for something I know I can complete, but I challenge myself to do it better.

LRB

"Dude, what's all that on the back of your shorts?"

"Mud."

"Yeah, right lol."

OMG! LMAO!

That was a good one Boon!

LRB

Yeah that sounds like a blast!

Let me sign up for something that is a damn near guarantee failure - pay (I assume more $?) So I can say "Hey I tried it!"

No thank you, I prefer to sign up for something I know I can complete, but I challenge myself to do it better.

There are shots of them knee deep in mud. I'm not doing that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

No way. Enter a race I am 100% not going to finish? Why? So the RD can make more money?