Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hard to do that when you're standing on a podium in front of a federal judge for 5 straight hours.  Hold on, Judge, I need to eat some chips... Big grin

I always wondered what you guys were whispering about when requesting "to approach the bench."

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

I ran 8

Great pics Whiskers

LRB

LRB - Did you (or are you) getting any running in today, or are you dreaming about Whoppers? 

I did not/am not run/running today, so I guess that leaves option B, although I've been craving mustard this week, so it more likely would be dreaming about cheeseburgers since mustard doesn't marry well on a whopper IMO.

What's a hard trail, the surface or the difficulty of the route?

Cyberic

Cyberic...enjoy the recovery.

RCD = Run Commute Day, but thanks

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I did not/am not run/running today, so I guess that leaves option B, although I've been craving mustard this week, so it more likely would be dreaming about cheeseburgers since mustard doesn't marry well on a whopper IMO.

What's a hard trail, the surface or the difficulty of the route?

I never really thought about it, but you're right....  I never craved to put mustard on a whopper, even though I do love mustard on other burgers.  Kinda makes you scratch your head, but damn you're making me hungry!

The hard trail that I run has a bit of everything.  The surface has lots of exposed rocks and roots, and if you don't pay attention you'll be eating it quickly.  It also has short but very steep hills.  And if that's not enough, the poison ivy and biting bugs will take care of the rest.  I'll run this trail at tempo effort and still only be at 11 - 12 min/mi pace, compared to the "easy" trail at 2 min/mi faster pace and easy effort.  Time and effort wise, 8 miles is similar to a 10 mile run at MP (8 pace) for me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

RCD = Run Commute Day, but thanks

I thought it stood for Rye Crisps Day. Or Raisin Croissant Day.  Or Raspberry Cake Day?

KCRuns

Good afternoon!

Lots of great pictures yesterday and today. I'm enjoying seeing all the food, animal and vacation pics!

3.5 TM miles during lunch and a 1 mile walk.

KCRuns

Raspberry Cake Day?

Sounds delish!

onemile

Sounds delish!

Mostly I am just hungry 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always wondered what you guys were whispering about when requesting "to approach the bench."

That is really a myth from TV. At least in bankruptcy there is nothing the court wants to say in private. Everything is in front of everybody.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I've never been but it's on the list. How were the eats?

Work for me is almost always nuts when I get back after being off. It's like you're punished for taking off, dammit. It makes me yearn for the days as a yute when I was working at Burger King, where they didn't stop making whoppers because someone took off...okay that was a bit of an exaggeration. I should slap myself for writing that. lol

Maine is known for lobster which I'm not a huge fan of (anything tastes good dipped in butter though, right?) The beer scene improves a lot more each year, at least in Portland. My in-laws live there so I've gone 1-2x a year for the past like 12-13 years.

Work right before a vacation is nutso. And then after vacation is stress city. What's the point of vacation again?? I did avoid doing anything besides just reading some work emails while gone so that's a win. Husband is a nurse so he is likely to never take work home with him!

Cyberic

I thought it stood for Rye Crisps Day. Or Raisin Croissant Day.  Or Raspberry Cake Day?

I don't talk about food much. Maybe that's why I can't gain weight. Eating it might not be enough. You have to think about it, dream about it, post about it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maine is known for lobster which I'm not a huge fan of (anything tastes good dipped in butter though, right?) The beer scene improves a lot more each year, at least in Portland. My in-laws live there so I've gone 1-2x a year for the past like 12-13 years.

Work right before a vacation is nutso. And then after vacation is stress city. What's the point of vacation again?? I did avoid doing anything besides just reading some work emails while gone so that's a win. Husband is a nurse so he is likely to never take work home with him!

Anything tastes good in butter unless it’s a poison to you like lobster. 😭😭😭

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Just under 21... all was going according to plan until midway through the last mile when I forgot to remember I don’t need more reasons to hate on myself 😑

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 15 x 1 minute hard, 1:30 recoveries. Not as hot as yesterday, so went ok.

sdWhiskers, great pictures from your vacation!

Bluerun, nice 5k!