Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #204 (Read 25 times)

sdWhiskers

I may be faster than you but I'm still pretty glacial when it comes to any kind of Strava leaderboard. So I don't really care about that stuff either. The most times doing a particular segment of course just rewards stubbornness and a predilection for monotony. Yay me.

Ha yes exactly! Strava is basically calling me a loser for having a sad life right now.

DavePNW

This might have been feasible for me too except MrW has been alternating which car he drives to work. Otherwise, we get rats building nests under the hood 

I have a Miata as my fun summer car which I don't really drive in the winter and in fact take the insurance off. I never put the insurance back on this year, because it seems like a waste of money. I could even take the insurance off both cars really; my wife takes hers to work every day but I can use it on evenings/weekends if I needed to go anywhere. But it would seem weird to have 3 cars and only drive one, plus I'd hate to be stuck without one. Of course my whole childhood we only had one car for the family.

Dave

LRB

Any of you subscribe?

I subscribe to not subscribing. 

Nice workout, Sir.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have a Miata as my fun summer car which I don't really drive in the winter and in fact take the insurance off. I never put the insurance back on this year, because it seems like a waste of money. I could even take the insurance off both cars really; my wife takes hers to work every day but I can use it on evenings/weekends if I needed to go anywhere. But it would seem weird to have 3 cars and only drive one, plus I'd hate to be stuck without one. Of course my whole childhood we only had one car for the family.

Mr. HCK rotates his vehicles when he runs errands to make sure none sit for too long without being driven. The 2 stick shift ones sat for a few weeks when he was recovering from his hand injury. He has 4 to rotate between (2 pick up trucks, a Jeep Wrangler & a sports car). There's another sports car that is a classic that doesn't run. I have 1 car and rarely do more than move the automatics from the drieway to street and back. One truck was supposed to be sold when he got the sports car, over a year ago. 

LRB

Regarding fogging; I have some kind of polyester mask that's really good at not doing that. On the rare occasion it happens, pushing my glasses up usually does the trick.

Baboon

delicate flower

Any of you subscribe?

I do not.  I've gotten a bunch of those Local Legend notifications though.

<3

LRB

This might have been feasible for me too except MrW has been alternating which car he drives to work. Otherwise, we get rats building nests under the hood 

That happens here during winter when the temps drop in the single digits for an extended period. The little bastards will make their way into the interior somehow and drop turds like it's a contest. 

DavePNW

I do not.  I've gotten a bunch of those Local Legend notifications though.

I have to admit, it felt a little cool.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Disney Wine & Dine was the lone holdback together with Detroit. It just canceled.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Disney Wine & Dine was the lone holdback together with Detroit. It just canceled.

There's still several listed on Running in the USA as happening in the fall near me. Maybe the smaller ones happen? My running club hasn't bothered putting anything on their schedule. Guess if you don't open the race for registration, you can't cancel it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There's still several listed on Running in the USA as happening in the fall near me. Maybe the smaller ones happen? My running club hasn't bothered putting anything on their schedule. Guess if you don't open the race for registration, you can't cancel it.

I mean larger races. I don't think there are any left but Detroit and Disney races (Disney has 20K normally), unless I am missing a couple.

I have at least 4 races that postponed to September and October that allegedly are happening. The Carmel Marathon was removed from the marathon weekend (LOL?) and I deferred but now they say the HM and 10K are happening but I doubt it. I have two more that I'm watching that might be small enough to happen.

Damaris

LRB

yeah it was disgusting out today. my clothes were completely soaked and dripping when I took them off

It's hard to believe but we're just about 6 weeks out from the fall chill, which I love, but DARK comes with it.

LRB

I've considered weighing my running clothes dry before the run and then after using a food scale. Mr. HCK would likely think I am insane if he were to see this.

Do it when he's not looking, we'll pay you. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's hard to believe but we're just about 6 weeks out from the fall chill, which I love, but DARK comes with it.

I love both the dark and the chill. My husband has been whining daily about, see? It's still light at 9pm while in Winter, it has been dark for 3 hours. And I respond, and your point is? LOL.

Damaris

LRB

I unsubscribed from Detroit's emails so I'll be out of the running for posting it.