Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #204 (Read 25 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I mean larger races. I don't think there are any left but Detroit and Disney races (Disney has 20K normally), unless I am missing a couple.

I have at least 4 races that postponed to September and October that allegedly are happening. The Carmel Marathon was removed from the marathon weekend (LOL?) and I deferred but now they say the HM and 10K are happening but I doubt it. I have two more that I'm watching that might be small enough to happen.

I think Richmond is larger? Not huge, but not tiny.

LRB

I love both the dark and the chill. My husband has been whining daily about, see? It's still light at 9pm while in Winter, it has been dark for 3 hours. And I respond, and your point is? LOL.

That shit's depressing, even I can't spin it. Awful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think Richmond is larger? Not huge, but not tiny.

I thought someone said Richmond canceled this morning?

ETA: No, Baltimore canceled. So there are still two left in contention for who will be the last dumbass.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I thought someone said Richmond canceled this morning?

ETA: No, Baltimore canceled. So there are still two left in contention for who will be the last dumbass.

I don't know how big they are, but the New Jersey Marathon in November & Atlantic City in October haven't cancelled or postponed yet.

NJ as a state is doing pretty well, I can't imagine they want to risk holding these events and deal with people coming from out of state. Technically, a whole bunch of states are supposed to do a 2 week quarantine when visiting, so I can't imagine the headache that would bring for races.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

NJ already put 31 states on the quarantine list, so doubtful they can do the standard race with 31 states on the don't fucking come here list.

Damaris

KCRuns

It was 97% humidity at run time this morning, so I opted for the treadmill.  4 miles done.

For anyone wearing cloth masks and dealing with fogginess, you can order a pack of the metal nose bands with self adhesive on them.  I bought a pack of 300 for $8 on Amazon a few months ago.  They make a big difference!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just checked and Atlantic City had 889 finishers in 2019 for the HM, so does not look like a giant race. NJ (Half) had a bit over 3K. Both not large races.

Damaris

DavePNW

Just checked and Atlantic City had 889 finishers in 2019 for the HM, so does not look like a giant race. NJ (Half) had a bit over 3K. Both not large races.

Both large enough to not happen.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Both large enough to not happen.

Tru dat. Although Carmel is as large and it just got the permit to hold it in October. It's going to happen here, they know it this far in advance!

PS, although they already did that relay and have a marathon coming up so if anyone can manage to do a race here, it's them.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

St George Marathon in Utah, October 3rd, is still on with about 4K runners.  It doesn't give me a good feeling when their COVID-19 statement says they are monitoring Utah and nearby state guidelines, but have no plans to cancel.  Aren't most of the western states bordering Utah seeing big increases?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                            06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just checked and Atlantic City had 889 finishers in 2019, so does not look like a giant race.

Not sure if more people run the half. There is also a 5 & 10k on Saturday. I think the bigger issue with those races is that unless you are local to AC, you go there for a weekend getaway + race, which right now, more than half the country isn't welcome.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure if more people run the half. There is also a 5 & 10k on Saturday. I think the bigger issue with those races is that unless you are local to AC, you go there for a weekend getaway + race, which right now, more than half the country isn't welcome.

Yeah, but not as large as the mega races. I doubt these will happen anyway but there are still many pending cancellation in the 1000-2000 runners range, so I'm not going to report on those, ha. Anything above 1000 is not happening this year.

Damaris

DavePNW

Tru dat. Although Carmel is as large and it just got the permit to hold it in October. It's going to happen here, they know it this far in advance!

PS, although they already did that relay and have a marathon coming up so if anyone can manage to do a race here, it's them.

And those things can never be pulled!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And those things can never be pulled!

Never!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

St George Marathon in Utah, October 3rd, is still on with about 4K runners.  It doesn't give me a good feeling when their COVID-19 statement says they are monitoring Utah and nearby state guidelines, but have no plans to cancel.  Aren't most of the western states bordering Utah seeing big increases?

UT has ignored most of the Covid situation so they might just still do it. But I wouldn't do it since UT has basically not taken many precautions.

I think there have been around 3+ races in UT already, but mostly smaller ultras and timed races.

Damaris