Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #204 (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hubby forgot to tell me he had a meeting and couldn’t do the grocery shopping today, so I ran another 5 miles and moved my long run to Sunday because I won’t have time to run more and then go grocery shopping.

Damaris

KCRuns

I work an alternative work schedule so I work an official 9 hours per day with every other Friday off and one Friday at 8 hours. And although I never enforce the 30 minute lunch while I was in person working in court, etc. since I'm an attorney, they monitor computer use so I cannot do it very often or they will notice. I also cannot alter my schedule (start earlier or end late to accommodate) because the government is not flexible. In fact, in Miami, our old boss had us select our 30 minutes for lunch and everybody (but attorneys because I ignored it, lol) had to go at that specific time to lunch.

And when I say official, I have to be active in my computer from X time to X. I work longer than that many times but cannot alter the standard official 9 hour schedule without taking annual or sick leave. This is why I've always said the government is a dinosaur.

Rumor has it the government used to give 1 hour lunches then they bamboozled everybody into getting 30 minutes but with 15 minute breaks twice during the day. Then, they eliminated the breaks and voila, 30 minutes forever.

That is crazy that they watch your computer usage like that.

DavePNW

Hey DR, SDW, & KCR - looks like you had someone on your team who finished 0.29 miles short of green.

Baboon will recall we had someone chronically doing that last year.

Dave

LRB

Hey DR, SDW, & KCR - looks like you had someone on your team who finished 0.29 miles short of green.

Cost them 6 points but they still won thanks solely to my laziness.

DavePNW

Cost them 6 points but they still won thanks solely to my laziness.

But did you get a thank you??

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She had issues even running as much this week. Doubt she noticed she was that close. And working in what she does, I wouldn’t even run as much as she does.

Damaris

LRB

But did you get a thank you??

Not even. And they knew about it before the results were posted.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon will recall we had someone chronically doing that last year.

Good times.  Even after we explained more than once why that kept happening.

<3

DavePNW

Not even. And they knew about it before the results were posted.

Now's their chance!

Dave

sdWhiskers

Now's their chance!

Umm...LRB thanks for encouraging me to run 100+% last week

LRB

Now's their chance!

Here, let me hold my breath waiting for it:

LRB

Umm...LRB thanks for encouraging me to run 100+% last week

lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I remember when the covid shit really started to take off and I began working from home, which began my current run of 60+ mile weeks.  Back in March and early April, we had so many awesome 25-40 degree mornings with beautiful afternoons and I was firing off 7-8 mile runs every day, sometimes twice, in the 7:00 pace range.  I knew enough at the time to savor those days and soak them in, because the bullshit heat and humidity we're dealing with now was hovering on the horizon.  The last 7-10 days have been a bear, man.  

<3

Cyberic

Truth. And I'm still on one tank of gas in 2020. We'll see if I can make it last the year.

My rear brakes have rusted quite a bit from me not taking the car. Now we use it a bit because gas is cheaper than brakes