Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Frostbite (Read 40 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 24 miles of cold.  Riding can be as dumb as running.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!.  I have 8 with 3 X 1 mile @ 5K intervals tonight after Pilates class.

We might break record highs today.  We'll see.  We got to feels like 94F yesterday and that felt a bit cool to me for April, but I am not complaining that Summer has not fully arrived yet.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

94?  Ouch.

I'm looking at 54 & cloudy with 8mph wind for the start of my half on Sunday.  That's pretty good.  Then there's the 50% chance of rain, which isn't so good - boardwalks tend to get slippery in the rain.  I'm trying to look at it as 50% chance it won't rain. :-)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap.  It is only 87F right now so definitely breaking past 94 today as it's only 9 fucking AM.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Rest day today.

It was in the 80s here yesterday. Quite the shock to my body when I had left work, since it was a frigid 60 degrees inside.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey there, sports fans!  Tonight the Red Sox begin their annual Yankee ass kickings.

I swam before work.  Bike workout tonight.  Boy that Boston Marathon weather looks shitty, although that is too early to really trust.  I still wish I made the cut off.

<3

RunningOnSand

Good morning!

I rode 24 miles of cold.  Riding can be as dumb as running.

Have a great day!

LOL. My thought this morning during the first minute of my run was, "Running is dumb." Big grin

6.2 miles in the 30-degree temps! Felt nice, although the breeze was a bit cool for my liking. I got nothin' else.

RunningOnSand

Hey there, sports fans!  Tonight the Red Sox begin their annual Yankee ass kickings.

I swam before work.  Bike workout tonight.  Boy that Boston Marathon weather looks shitty, although that is too early to really trust.  I still wish I made the cut off.

That's a bummer you didn't make this year's cut off. Are you and Dave running it next year?

bluerun

Super B****

As an avowed anti-anti-Yankees fan, I bring you this.

2017: 11-8

2016: 8-11

2015: 11-8

2014: 12-7

2013: 6-13

2012: 13-5

2011: 6-12

2010: 9-9

...all time, 1180-981 in favor of the Yanks.  If this is your version of ass kicking, keep it coming.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I had my head eyes examined today. One eye is stronger than the other which explains why the readers that everyone in my office wears made my good eyeball hurt when I tried them on.

It took my finicky ass almost an hour to find something I liked, after which I heard the lady let out a HUGE sigh as I was walking out the door. Poor thing, I wouldn't even try on most of the ones she was handing me. High maintenance much? True dat. 👍

LRB

As an avowed anti-anti-Yankees fan, I bring you this.

2017: 11-8

2016: 8-11

2015: 11-8

2014: 12-7

2013: 6-13

2012: 13-5

2011: 6-12

2010: 9-9

...all time, 1180-981 in favor of the Yanks.  If this is your version of ass kicking, keep it coming.

I still don't know how the Tigers beat them in the playoffs in '06.

bluerun

Super B****

I had my head eyes examined today. One eye is stronger than the other which explains why the readers that everyone in my office wears made my good eyeball hurt when I tried them on.

It took my finicky ass almost an hour to find something I liked, after which I heard the lady let out a HUGE sigh as I was walking out the door. Poor thing, I wouldn't even try on most of the ones she was handing me. High maintenance much? True dat. 👍

Lasik FTW, saves all the glasses problems!!  (Not that I ever wore glasses.  I have, however, had Lasik on my previously-useless eye, because my  mom was so bothered by the thought that I was only using one that she ordered me to do it and paid for it.  Okay then!)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I just ordered the Boston Pro Compression sock.  Do I need more compression socks??  No.  No, I do not.

chasing the impossible

GinnyinPA

7.2 fastish easy miles. I think my legs are starting to feel rested.

I've never tried compression socks. I never have pain in my lower legs, just the hamstrings and glutes, so I never saw the need for socks.

RunningOnSand

I just ordered the Boston Pro Compression sock.  Do I need more compression socks??  No.  No, I do not.

For Boston, yes? Then the answer is, of course! Have you figured out where you will be staying?

Onemile, thanks for weighing in on the Indy Monumental from yesterday. I'm so glad to hear Gracie is doing mostly much better. So sad about her being jumpy, though. Sad The whole thing is just so heartbreaking. It's so great that she seems to be recovering so well.

Docket, your weather is so hot. 

LRB, if you're buying them, you're allowed to be finicky. 

Ginny, rested legs are a good thing. Are you running Boston?