Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies and omg weather (Read 47 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job, Lauren!

About time, Andrea! Glad you did!

It is about time lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

6.8 miles of trails in gorgeous short sleeves weather!

Nice. Hopefully shit doesn't start blooming before it's time to start blooming! That happened here in March of 2012 if I recall correctly.

DavePNW

How many lunches have you had since you got home?

Only one so far. But I just got out of the shower, so should be ready for #2 shortly.

Dave

delicate flower

20 miles. Pretty much killed it. Although no one will ever know because it did not transfer over to RA - got a "data import error" message. 

Uh huh.

<3

Hip Redux

Nice. Hopefully shit doesn't start blooming before it's time to start blooming! That happened here in March of 2012 if I recall correctly.

Well the ticks are already out so  

LRB

Well the ticks are already out so  

Good. They can all freeze to hell this week then!

They will die in the cold, won't they?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It has to get really cold, like below 0 and last for a few days in order to kill them.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Dave!

Damaris

Hip Redux

Fuckers will be the only thing living after a nuclear holocaust.

workinprogress11

20 miles. Pretty much killed it. Although no one will ever know because it did not transfer over to RA - got a "data import error" message. Average pace 8:40, which I think is a PB for a 20+ training run, breaking my record set last Sunday by about 3 sec/mi. After a few miles warming up, pace was rock steady at about 8:45 +/- 0:05 through 16, then picked it up the last 4 - 8:25, 8:19, 8:15, 7:54. Finish was kind of like last week, but the middle miles felt much smoother today.

66+ for the week.

Wow, very nice.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

12 today, 37 for the week.

Dave: nice run!

delicate flower

Training question:  When training specifically for a HM, how many miles do people run in a single training run at HM pace?  Like, do you do a 10 mile run with 3-4 at HM pace?  I know for MP runs, I see people get up to 12 at MP but not much more than that in a single block, generally speaking.  I ask because my HM PR pace is 7:06 and I ran six miles yesterday at 6:53 pace without much a problem.  I'm curious if a good indicator of my current HM pace would be more miles at that pace, or the same number of miles at a faster pace.  Am I making sense here ffs?

<3

onemile

Training question:  When training specifically for a HM, how many miles do people run in a single training run at HM pace?  Like, do you do a 10 mile run with 3-4 at HM pace?  I know for MP runs, I see people get up to 12 at MP but not much more than that in a single block, generally speaking.  I ask because my HM PR pace is 7:06 and I ran six miles yesterday at 6:53 pace without much a problem.  I'm curious if a good indicator of my current HM pace would be more miles at that pace, or the same number of miles at a faster pace.  Am I making sense here ffs?

The most I have ever done is 2x4 miles with about 5 minutes easy in between sets.  I would expect 6 at HMP straight to be pretty difficult for me.

MTA... I have never tried a straight HMP run while running low mileage.  Mine have always been part of 50-60mile weeks.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes, did that today, well, with some other stuff thrown in there. I did up to 6 miles last year. I did 5 on Friday. Oddly, the half plans in Hudson's book have 8 at HM pace for the lowest mileage half plan, but the 2 higher mileage ones have the 2 x 4 like Onemile mentioned.

From the Internet.

I've gone up to 8 straight miles at HMP, and the average pace for the HMP miles during that workout actually ended up *exactly* my average pace for the race I was training for (8:17, had been training with 1:50/8:23 pace in mind). I really like that type of workout, for me it built mental toughness and helped me work on pacing without beating my legs up too badly.