Beginners and Beyond

Sunday 10/30 (Read 44 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bailed on my run after 2.5 hours. Wanted to cut it even shorter. It's 80 freaking degrees out. I did a few miles on the trails by the community center trying to get into it. Didn't work. Then after I went in the community center to use the bathroom, I came out to a damn election official who wanted to make sure I knew I could vote. Was so not in the mood to talk to him, but at least stayed civil (I wanted to tell him I can see the signs, don't talk to me like I'm a fucking moron).

Pleasantridge, that sucks. Hope the elliptical helps. Do you have the option of joining a gym short term?

Baboon, hope the hamstring is nothing too serious.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, Phil. Congrats, Mr Oski!

Damaris

workinprogress11

LMAO!!

I hope the hammy is nothing serious. Nice "easy" pace on the last two miles.

+1 and congrats to Oski's and MTB.

Hip Redux

Oski and Wife got 2 and 3 AG!  And we met Lauren....hooray FE!!

1.  I need to clarify that there were three people in our AG.

and

2.  I got introduced to Lauren by Mrs. Baboon yelling "It's Lauren from the internet!"    lol

DavePNW

5k in 20:49. Blurg. Much slower than hoped, but best I could do.

However: 6/396 OA, and 3/60 Masters got me a mug. Plus, it was at the Red Hook brewery, so entry came with a free beer. So, overall a pretty good day.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

1.  I need to clarify that there were three people in our AG.

and

2.  I got introduced to Lauren by Mrs. Baboon yelling "It's Lauren from the internet!"    lol

All you can do is show up and race!  I am officially listing myself as day-to-day with a hammy.

And congrats to DaveP on the old man mug!

<3

From the Internet.

I ran 11 while the Boons and the Oskis were du-ing (ha) their race - it was lovely to meet you all in real life, and for the record I did in fact introduce myself to MBC as Lauren from the internet, haha Smile

No more marathons

Damn - trail runs.

Best I can tell, the last time I ran this trail was over 3 years ago, and before that, maybe another 2 years.

This is a fairly technical trail (single track in many places, steep ascents and descents, lots of rocks and roots).  I only fell once today Smile

Tired from yesterdays race so this was just to get out and do something different.  Pace was about a minute per mile slower than what I used to average on this trial.  But 4.5 miles in, so there's that.

They have the "official" results up for the 5K yesterday - I was 4th out of 204, and first in my age.

Clock time is listed as 19:31 - my actual time of 21:59 is shown to a runner two places back.

Looks like the results got all hosed up because the RD decided to have a group of walkers start about 30 minutes ahead of the runners.  And all of these walkers had bibs and chips. think this was a surprise for the timing company, and that messed up the chip timing.  They went to a hand held device to click off each finisher and must have recorded the time of a couple early walkers against the first runners.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Hip Redux

I ran 11 while the Boons and the Oskis were du-ing (ha) their race - it was lovely to meet you all in real life, and for the record I did in fact introduce myself to MBC as Lauren from the internet, haha Smile

Ha!  It made me laugh.  Also, I hadn't realized that you were going to be there and I immediately knew who she was referring to, so your introduction worked.  lol

ETA:  And yes, nice to meet you too!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, glad you met Lauren from the internet!

Ran 12 with the last 4 @ MP on the TM.  Weights later.

Damaris

Hip Redux

I am officially listing myself as day-to-day with a hammy.

Sad

DavePNW

All you can do is show up and race!  I am officially listing myself as day-to-day with a hammy.

Congrats on the race. Sorry about the hammy, hope it doesn't linger. You should be on on my fantasy football team, you'd fit right in.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Dave!

Damaris

Hip Redux

Any of you football peeps see that some Buffalo fan threw a dildo on the field during one of the plays in the 3rd quarter?

Total hilarity when the announcers were like "Was that a flag?"

No. No, that was not a flag.

onemile

5k in 20:49. Blurg. Much slower than hoped, but best I could do.

However: 6/396 OA, and 3/60 Masters got me a mug. Plus, it was at the Red Hook brewery, so entry came with a free beer. So, overall a pretty good day.

About what I ran after my marathon. The speed will come back.