Beginners and Beyond

Sunday 10/30 (Read 44 times)

onemile

So this weekend I paid actual American dollars for a meal-prep service (they give you a shopping list, recipes for 5 nights of dinners, and a list of prep to do on the weekend, you do all the work - perfect), and I also paid significantly fewer American dollars for a box of brownie-cookie mix. Guess what's getting made first!

Even better are services like Hello Fresh and Plated where they send you all of the ingredients in the correct amounts and the recipes and then you don't have to do the shopping part!

Cyberic

5k in 20:49. Blurg. Much slower than hoped, but best I could do.

However: 6/396 OA, and 3/60 Masters got me a mug. Plus, it was at the Red Hook brewery, so entry came with a free beer. So, overall a pretty good day.

I've become a beer snob, and after the Montreal marathon, I always leave the free beer right there and come home without it. It's always some dull low tasting blonde.

Good work on the race. You did your best, you made your mommy proud.

Cyberic

They have the "official" results up for the 5K yesterday - I was 4th out of 204, and first in my age.

Clock time is listed as 19:31 - my actual time of 21:59 is shown to a runner two places back.

Looks like the results got all hosed up because the RD decided to have a group of walkers start about 30 minutes ahead of the runners.  And all of these walkers had bibs and chips. think this was a surprise for the timing company, and that messed up the chip timing.  They went to a hand held device to click off each finisher and must have recorded the time of a couple early walkers against the first runners.

Cyberic

Who else is in Club 300 here? PR, DaveP300Bitches, Cyberic, Docket...

Are you in there Boon? That's probably a stupid question what with all the energy you have. lol

March 2016, 333 miles.

From the Internet.

Even better are services like Hello Fresh and Plated where they send you all of the ingredients in the correct amounts and the recipes and then you don't have to do the shopping part!

That's highly appealing too, and I might try it in the future (especially if I get roped into coaching spring track because holy cow, I had NO free time the last 6 or so weeks with cross country)!

The one I went with was $40 with a coupon code for a full year of meal plans/lists, so it seemed worth a try. I don't mind cooking but I'm terrible at planning so I've been making almost daily trips to the grocery store to pick up like, 4 things that I forgot for dinners/lunches, which gets super annoying.

Cyberic

Chores for the day are done. Winter is coming so there's stuff to do around the house. I still have a couple of weekends of this.

Hip Redux

I have freebies to give away for both Hello Fresh and Blue Apron if anyone wants to give it a try.   Trick is to cancel it after the free delivery (unless you want to continue).

Zelanie

Nice racing, everyone!  And hi, people from the internet!

I ran a trail 15K race instead of my 16 today.  The original plan was to get up early and run beforehand, then run some more after to get the mileage.  Instead I ran 1.5 at home before heading out, then just ran the race and said FTS to more miles after.

But in consolation, I tried to push more during the race itself.  Still not an all-out effort, but no walk in the park either.  I was 1:33/mile faster than my last trail race over a fairly similar course (full disclosure- this was also 10K shorter).  This one has a steeper climb I think.  We went up the same ridge that we came down in the other one.  Coming down off the ridge when we had good footing (which wasn't often), I was seeing numbers that I wasn't seeing even at the track this fall. Thecourse map said something like 1450' of elevation gain.

We passed more people than passed us, even on the uphills, and somehow lost everyone who had been close behind us on the downhill, even the technical parts.

I ran with my friend who has a trail 50K next weekend.  She could have gone much faster, but this wasn't her goal race, so she was good company and I think it was a good match.  We were much closer to the other folks in the club this time around.

bluerun

Super B****

5k in 20:49. Blurg. Much slower than hoped, but best I could do.

However: 6/396 OA, and 3/60 Masters got me a mug. Plus, it was at the Red Hook brewery, so entry came with a free beer. So, overall a pretty good day.

I'd be over the moon with that, but, yeah... it's all relative.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

If there was ever a time to fret, IT'S NOOOOOW. lol

What, you don't think this inspires confidence?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

Thanks, he is pretty special. I don't know how he ended up in rescue. Actually I kind of do.. he is a LOT of dog for someone who is not experienced with the breed, and even for someone who is. That's why we do nosework, he really does need a job to do

I feel like Zoe is similar.  She is a great dog, but I can see how she'd be somebody's nightmare dog if she didn't get enough exercise or have enough of a routine for her to keep her busy and not anxious.   As it is now, we have to keep her right on the edge of what she can do with her back/leg issues and what she needs for her mental health.

Mia, on the other hand, would do fine with anyone.

No more marathons

Bluerun - you need to get one of these t-shirts from The Oatmeal:

I don't believe in the wall

I wore mine at Boston.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I feel like Zoe is similar.  She is a great dog, but I can see how she'd be somebody's nightmare dog if she didn't get enough exercise or have enough of a routine for her to keep her busy and not anxious.   As it is now, we have to keep her right on the edge of what she can do with her back/leg issues and what she needs for her mental health.

Mia, on the other hand, would do fine with anyone.

I hear you.  We got the bad news that our GSD had virtually no ball cups for his back hips where he was only months old.  Vet said two years was likely life line.  He's now six.

Fergus

He's outside right now helping DW rake leaves (and where am I you might ask?)

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Shit, you got it made if you get to that point unscathed. Where the marathon is concerned, I usually hit the wall in the starting corral. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, onemile!

bluesky, awwww.  Glad he's outlived any expectations.  And look at that turn of the head!

Damaris