Beginners and Beyond

Sunday 10/30 (Read 44 times)

Zelanie

I hear you.  We got the bad news that our GSD had virtually no ball cups for his back hips where he was only months old.  Vet said two years was likely life line.  He's now six.

He's outside right now helping DW rake leaves (and where am I you might ask?)

Wonderful! When Zoe was 4, one vet said she'd never play off leash again, even with surgery.  We went to a different vet.

No more marathons

Wonderful! When Zoe was 4, one vet said she'd never play off leash again, even with surgery.  We went to a different vet.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

Who else is in Club 300 here? PR, DaveP300Bitches, Cyberic, Docket...

Twice for me - 300 & 308. It requires a confluence of peak marathon training and 5 LR days. I think both times I could've squeezed a bit more, but there was either taper starting near the end of the month, or a mini-taper/recovery for a half somewhere in the month.

In the meantime, in YTD mileage:

Cyberic99 2360.63 mi  
          DavePNW 2360.23 mi

Dave

LRB

Cyberic99 2360.63 mi  
            DavePNW 2360.23 mi

Strange to not see Boon on that list. Oh well, I'm sure you two will tale it down to the wire.

DavePNW

Strange to not see Boon on that list. Oh well, I'm sure you two will tale it down to the wire.

Not sure what Cy has planned for the rest of the year. I will probably be noodling around in the 40's for a while. I'm in no hurry for any big mileage buildup right now.

Dave

LRB

I'm pretty much where I want to be now: 40-50 mpw, 2 speed sessions per week and some quality in the long run.

Not sure what Cy has planned for the rest of the year.

PAY ATTENTION.

onemile

I hear you.  We got the bad news that our GSD had virtually no ball cups for his back hips where he was only months old.  Vet said two years was likely life line.  He's now six.

Fergus

He's outside right now helping DW rake leaves (and where am I you might ask?)

He has such a sweet intelligent face.  Glad he's doing better than expected

DavePNW

Not sure what Cy has planned for the rest of the year.

PAY ATTENTION.

I WAS A LITTLE BUSY TODAY AND DID NOT KEEP UP, OK??

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun - you need to get one of these t-shirts from The Oatmeal:

I don't believe in the wall

I wore mine at Boston.  Smile

Of course I believe in the Blerch, I AM the Blerch!!  (Seriously though.  Maybe I'll just cry.  That will help, right?)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

No

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Hey my friends from across the border. If you think USA's future doesn't look so bright with the upcoming elections, maybe this unexpected news will cheer you up!

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/queen-offers-to-restore-british-rule-over-united-states

In an unexpected televised address on Saturday, Queen Elizabeth II offered to restore British rule over the United States of America.

Addressing the American people from her office in Buckingham Palace, the Queen said that she was making the offer “in recognition of the desperate situation you now find yourselves in.”

“This two-hundred-and-forty-year experiment in self-rule began with the best of intentions, but I think we can all agree that it didn’t end well,” she said.

Cyberic

Cyberic99 2360.63 mi  
                            DavePNW 2360.23 mi

Nice!

You will beat me as I really want to stay in the 40-50 mile range so I can work on my speed without my body breaking in pieces, whereas after 2 weeks you'll be bored and build back up to 60 mpw.

Cyberic

How do you double quote? I didn't think that worked here.

ETA: Referring to Dave's last post.

LRB

LRB

Of course I believe in the Blerch, I AM the Blerch!!  (Seriously though.  Maybe I'll just cry.  That will help, right?)

You're gonna kill that bitch.