Beginners and Beyond

The early bird gets the SUNDailies worm. (Read 41 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ugh.  Get medication!

What's ironic is that I have my regular check up scheduled for this coming Friday. Maybe I can get in early tomorrow.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ric-G

Congrats blue.

got up this morning and it was kinda foggy...sorta, barely. It burned off by the time the sun rose. Ran 6.5 miles and having some coffe now. Will check out some NFL and baseball later. Have a great Sunday all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

Congrats blue.

got up this morning and it was kinda foggy...sorta, barely. It burned off by the time the sun rose. Ran 6.5 miles and having some coffee now. Will check out some NFL and baseball later. Have a great Sunday all.

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

I BROKE 1:35!!!!!!!  AND NOTHING ELSE (knock on wood)!!!!!

WOW. I am totes jelly. You are officially (way) faster than me. Great job!

Dave

LRB

15! for the day. Said FTS about racing the half, 100% humidity.

Congrats Bluerun.

LRB, couldn't see the pic, but the eastern shore (where IM MD was) got like a foot of rain. My area only got about 4 inches.

I didn't know how to pull the link out but it was a Facbook page of someone who posted a video of runners running through a foot of water during the marathon portion of the Ironman Maryland yesterday in Cambridge.

Baboon

delicate flower

WOW. I am totes jelly. You are officially (way) faster than me. Great job!

Better looking too.

<3

LRB

Wonderful. The PR train continues, JUST LIKE I SAID.

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, I'm surprised IM was held. Schools on the shore were closed Friday due to flooding. The river there is rough on a good day, it was probably like swimming in the ocean.

workinprogress11

What's ironic is that I have my regular check up scheduled for this coming Friday. Maybe I can get in early tomorrow.

Do this.  Bronchitis takes a long time to completely clear out so maybe some antibiotics could speed things along.

Bluerun-congratulations!

I will be jogging a couple of miles today to get my 30 for the week. The migraine is still lingering.

LRB

I had 10 miles and 5 x 1200 on the schedule today, and I didn't manage a single full interval. lol

I am not going to blame it on my late night or late start this morning (10:30), I was just tired. I did attempt to run it a couple of times but didn't make it much further than a lap.

Oh well, I managed to run 5.5 miles afterwards so I got the 10.

This was a disappointing week as a whole but in the grand scheme of things, I still have time to get worse.

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks, guys!!  It sounds a little silly to say this, since it WAS my goal, but I'm really shocked that it actually happened.  That will be some RR... (Which may not be written for days because stupid things like holidays interfere with life.)

Dave -- you can trounce me in any other distance!  Give a girl some crumbs, would you??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

OOOOOoooooh! That is nice. My PB at that distance is 1:34:43 so you're tailing me. Can't wait for details.

Cyberic

Thanks, guys!!  It sounds a little silly to say this, since it WAS my goal, but I'm really shocked that it actually happened.  That will be some RR... (Which may not be written for days because stupid things like holidays interfere with life.)

Dave -- you can trounce me in any other distance!  Give a girl some crumbs, would you??

And from this comment posted much later, I see you seem still happy with your race, and it's been more than 5 minutes. It must really have been a good one 

Cyberic

I had 10 miles and 5 x 1200 on the schedule today, and I didn't manage a single full interval. lol

I am not going to blame it on my late night or late start this morning (10:30), I was just tired. I did attempt to run it a couple of times but didn't make it much further than a lap.

Oh well, I managed to run 5.5 miles afterwards so I got the 10.

This was a disappointing week as a whole but in the grand scheme of things, I still have time to get worse.

Are you physically well? I mean are your past injuries bothering you still?

Cyberic

This looks like a fourth straight day of no running. I think I have a good case of bronchitis and my ribs hurt from coughing. And I have a marathon in two weeks.

Not cool.