Beginners and Beyond

Arise SunDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

LRB

While I lay here trying to figure out what I am going to do. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I will not be running outside. We've got freezing rain here. I could barely walk down the driveway to get the paper, so running outside is out. Maybe treadmill later while watching football.

Little Blue

Hey guys, what'sup? I'm back from cruising in the Caribbean.  Warm, rested and well fed.  I managed to run about 10 miles over the course of the week, so I was only 98% slug.

I thought it would be fun to see what my Garmin would do on the ship.  So, here's a math problem for you:

Runner is running counter-clockwise, 8 laps to the mile. Let's say 10 min/mile, due to headwind.  Ship is travelling straight at 20 knots.  After 24 laps what does the Garmin show?  Please show your work.

>

>

>

Answer:  9.99 miles, average pace 3:02min/mile.  Best run ever!

Back to the real world, and it's raining.  It should stop soon, so I might try for a few miles later this morning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm heading out the door in a few minutes for a 14 miler. Last night our friends had a beer called 805 and it was good. Very good. Now I am paying for it. This could be an interesting run.

Hip Redux

Answer:  9.99 miles, average pace 3:02min/mile.  Best run ever!

Ha!  I have a friend is Disney who said her FitBit is reporting that she climbed 35 flights of stairs (or maybe just rode a few rollercoasters? lol).

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ha!  I have a friend is Disney who said her FitBit is reporting that she climbed 35 flights of stairs (or maybe just rode a few rollercoasters? lol).

It's been a while since I have been to Disney, but the stairs may not be too far off. Aren't there lots of steps and ramps up to almost every single ride?

Little Blue, always interesting to see crazy Garmin readings. I had the opposite this week. Left the GPS on while on the treadmill. I noticed after 6 minutes and a speedy 46 mm. Totally ruining my average pace.

B-Plus

Heading out for a group long run. I'll join them for the first bit of my 18-miler.

LRB

I did 8 in a windy light mist with occasional freezing rain bits. It was my first outdoor run in 7 days and was not all that easy, no doubt a result from all my strength and core exploits from last week.

Massage at 3:00 to make it all better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I mean, well, afternoon!  Either 6 miles or an RD.  Taking it easy before marathon training starts, so maybe the RD, some wine, and dyeing my hair.

Damaris

Cyberic

14.5 miles in what felt almost too warm 32-35 F!!! Good thing there was a little wind to cool us runners off.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Took my guest to the Ravenel bridge and we ran up over it and back. 7.2 miles. A small tour of Patriots Point then brunch before coming back home.

Marjorie

delicate flower

'Morning!  I got up early and hit the gym for some weight training.  Figured I'd wait to run later in the day when it warmed up.  Well an ice storm decided to roll in, so it was back to the gym for a treadmill run.

I ran hard yesterday and figured I'd feel it today, but I got the treadmill and felt friggin great.  I wasn't going to waste that!  I decided to bang out some progressive half mile speed intervals with half mile recoveries.  I started at 6:51 pace and ended at 6:29 pace.  45 minutes, 6.15 miles, 7:19 avg pace.  Giggity.

Sushi for lunch.  Bring on football!

<3

workinprogress11

Easy 4. I'm in the house alone for the first time in 3 months. Bring on the sloth!

StepbyStep-SH

45 minutes on the recumbent bike at the Y with not much resistance and probably pathetic cadence (what do I know - I'm obviously not a cyclist). Knee felt OK for that, but hurt when I tried walking a couple laps on the indoor track. Ortho appt Tuesday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I was not feeling it this morning. Didn't sleep well, tired, just blah. Plus some kind of rain/snow mix and strong winds. Wah wah, cry me a river. If we're healthy, we go run, that's what we do. 14 miles feeling pretty rough, although I managed to throw in the last mile at near-MP for the hell of it.

53 for the week.

Dave