Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies? (Read 34 times)

LRB

Last day to wear white!

That was rule for years, now it is more of the exception...at least around these parts.  Ditto for wearing black between Memorial day and Labor Day.  Gonezo.

B-Plus

Haha I just had to throw tighty whities in there. Of course I don't give a shit as long as I think I look 

LRB

Haha I just had to throw tighty whities in there. Of course I don't give a shit as long as I think I look 

Speaking of shit, I actually avoided wearing black in the summer for years until I realized that I really don't give a shit what anyone thinks.  lol

delicate flower

'Morning!  Just got back from 9.3 easy miles.  Holy shit is it nasty out there.  Short-shorts and next-to-nothing singlet were dripping wet after the run.  Good run though on one of my hill routes.  8:19 pace at a jog effort.  DW went for a 20 mile bike ride...six days until her 70.3 debut!

Now what to do with the rest of the day?  Hmmm.....

<3

Zelanie

It reminds me of how completely oblivious I was to that rule until I would try to leave the house in white sandals and my mom would freak out.  We lived in Texas, so every day was white sandal weather, really, unless it was pouring rain.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay, I've never heard this crap about not wearing black during summer and not wearing white through Fall and Winter.... screw that rule, I'll wear whatever I want 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Speaking of shit, I actually avoided wearing black in the summer for years until I realized that I really don't give a shit what anyone thinks.  lol

We try not to wear black down here unless it's the middle of the night. Too hot for that. We do wear white all year long.

Damaris

LRB

Okay, I've never heard this crap about not wearing black during summer and not wearing white through Fall and Winter....

It was before your time.

D, I think I wore black shorts with a beige shirt one year while down there, I did not look too ridiculous.  Of course everyone was speaking in Spanish so maybe I did.  lol

B-Plus

Is that why prison outfits aren't black and white striped anymore?

LRB

Is that why prison outfits aren't black and white striped anymore?

It was a year 'round contradiction.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was before your time.

D, I think I wore black shorts with a beige shirt one year while down there, I did not look too ridiculous.  Of course everyone was speaking in Spanish so maybe I did.  lol

you know I am almost 30 damn it, I ain't a kid 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Almost 30?  That was so long ago, I don't remember what it felt like being that young. 

Damaris

B-Plus, enjoy your six-miler.

Phil, great 9.3. I wear black year-round.

It makes doing laundry easy.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Funny the things you can get done when not running. Yesterday we changed a dimmer switch in the dining room, installed a new fan in DD2's room, and changed the water line on the fridge. Now we are going to my parents' for a nice bbq with the relatives from Germany who are visiting.

Happy Labor Dailies.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Almost 30?  That was so long ago, I don't remember what it felt like being that young. 

Shut up damn it lol

PRs