Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies? (Read 34 times)

B-Plus

Shut up damn it lol

You should take that as a complement.

LRB

You should take that as a complement.

Or be old and grouchy like the rest of us.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I can't do wearing white pants or shoes after Labor Day. Too drilled into me, I guess since I'm old.  Black I will do but not the white.

Made dh go walk with me early today. He was drenched in sweat.  It was hot but I was not sweaty.  Now if I'd been running.....

we we tried to get the rest of the residual sticky stuff off where the wasp nest was. Nope. It isn't budging. Must be wasp super bondo.  The power wash dude tried like crazy with his super high psi, cleaner etc. He couldn't.  I tried today.  Got the big ladder out, extension pole and cloth drenched in goof off. I got a tiny bit off but it didnt want to come off. Even with the putty knife.  It is on the siding and way up. If I could reach it without the extension pole maybe but I just don't know. Where it is, it is impossible to get there. Guess we will have this small spot always there. I just have to watch they don't try to rebuild.   Wasps are just asses!

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Or be old and grouchy like the rest of us.

Idk, I just hate being viewed as a child lol. I'm not worried about turning 30 or 40, or even 50.... it's the decades beyond that where I am in no hurry to reach  but I am going to be one of those crazy ole ladies, that I will guarantee.

You all ain't old, and most of you ain't grouchy 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

You all ain't old, and most of you ain't grouchy 

Thanks for clarifying. We know who we are.

Dave

DavePNW

Wasps are just asses!

Word. From a guy who's been stung by some of those bastards.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks for clarifying. We know who we are.

LMAO! I thought would clarify, just in case 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Idk, I just hate being viewed as a child lol.

You are not, you are just younger.  This will never go away regardless of if you are 30, 40, 50, 60 or 70.  When people who are older than you are around you will always be viewed as younger, no different than how you view people 10 years your junior.

I am older than you but younger than many posters in this group, to them I am a baby and still wet behind the ears even though I am 46.  But when you are 56 years old 46 is a baby, that's just life and will never change.  Not in America anyway.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are not, you are just younger.  This will never go away regardless of if you are 30, 40, 50, 60 or 70.  When people who are older than you are around you will always be viewed as younger, no different than how you view people 10 years your junior.

I am older than you but younger than many posters in this group, to them I am a baby and still wet behind the ears even though I am 46.  But when you are 56 years old 46 is a baby, that's just life and will never change.  Not in America anyway.

Nobody puts baby in a corner  (sorry, couldn't help it  Wink

PRs

DavePNW

Yes, listen to the young whippersnapper here.

Dave

LRB

Yes, listen to the young whippersnapper here.

lol

I have always been the youngest everywhere I go my entire life.  It started with hanging with my big sister as a kid and has continued right on up to today, my friends and peers have always been of the older set, always.

I never had time for people my age back then...and still do not.  lol

B-Plus

I used to always get made fun of at work for not knowing whatever rock group from back in the day or some old actor. Now I just throw it back their way by saying, "Who?" or "I don't know who that is," even if I do know  I like to think it makes them feel old.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Last day to wear white! That means I'll stay home in my tighty whities today 

6 coming up

That won't work for me....since I AM white... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Never heard of that white in the summer, then black rule. I'm 44, but I'm from Quebec, and some might say we like to do things differently around here.

6 miles at recovery pace this morning, then some horse back riding with the family. Very easy horse back riding. A "first time on a horse back" kinda ride. Very fun.

From the Internet.

Whoops! No wonder why my legs are so tired and achy - they don't realize that Monday is the start of a new week! Check out my 7-day total:

6 this morning at club track practice with 3x(400/400/200), 1x(400/200/200), 200m jog between reps and 400 jog between sets. We were running in soup but I was pretty consistent - 1:50 for the first 400 and 1:47-1:48 for the rest of them, and 49-50s for all the 200s.